Sunday, February 14, 2010

Rita's DYB RR Blocks Finished

PHEW this was a tough one to get through for me.  I've just been too wiped out after work since I've taken on part of an ex-coworkers responsibilities and my mind is just churning till I leave.  Some days I'm just not up to stitching and yet time was a running out!  SHEESH!!!  I think I'll have to slow down on my swaps etc for a while as I've a few more here to finish off yet!!!


Okay first off I just LOVE Rita's blocks but was intimidated by the woven fabric for some strange reason.  So I started off doing all the seam treatments then worked on the stem stitched lines within the upper left flower and attached the stone in the centre.  While at my quilt retreat I found this awesome Christmas ornament and cut out the pine cone/branches and stitched that into place.  Then I worked on the silver sequins and beads along with the small star beads in another patch.  I then found a tatted snowflake pattern Elmo's Snowflake that FINALLY I was able to tat along with adding beads at the points for another patch along with my snowflake charms touched by a SRE bow and ribbons.  And last but not least I tackled the woven patch after finding my tree sequins and charcoal beads - I think that did it - along with some Colonial knots for snow falling.






Then I tackled the round robin block after finding this awesome beaded snowflake within my "Bead Embroidery the Complete Guide" by Jane Davis and after a minor "rippit" I'd say it turned out not bad!  After that I did the upper corner and attached another of the tatted snowflakes and then finished off both seam treatments.




Here are all the blocks stitched so far.  Top left is the RR block with my work; right is Margreet's awesome block with hand knitted flower; bottom left is mine; and bottom right is Lisa's with her amazing stitching!!!


Now it's packaged up and ready to fly to Karrin.  My next set has not arrived as yet so maybe I'll get more work done on Leslie's Sugar Plum Fairy block.  I hope so!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

That tatted snowflake is really cool!!