Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm Using a THIMBLE!!!!!!!!

Yes finally after a marathon of stitching (finally) I've kinda done in my poor middle finger and yesterday was just so SORE I could barely hold my needle, never mind stitch!!!  My friend, Ricky, sitting beside me at the Aurora gathering yesterday insisted I try the half metal thimble before I do in this poor finger!!!  When I got home I had forgotten my promise, and after a couple of hours stitching and numerous painful pokes I decided it was time to find my leather thimbles (worn but at least I could work with them) and also that half thimble (which in the past HURT on my finger) for another try.

Now I'm not sure if it's the weight I lost this past year (11.5 pounds) or the DIRE circumstances for my finger and more stitching yet to continue with, BUT I've stitched most of yesterday evening and this morning with this metal thimble and barely feel my pained fingertip!!! 

SO THANK YOU RICKY for your persistence that I try this baby again!!!  Much appreciated.

NOW I can get back to Leslie's Sugar Plum Fairy which is really growing up to be a beautiful "Aurora" - named after our group where she was born!!!  Pictures to follow when she's all finished - hopefully this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i knew you could hear me!!!