Saturday, January 02, 2010

Lisa B's Christmas/Winter DYB I

Okay I worked on the extra block in this series and it's an RR one so I did the centre and top part of it with the carol "Lo, how a Rose e'er blooming".  Basically I added the gold braid and was undecided if it needed something else or not then decided to leave it for others to decide.  I then worked on the stem stitch wording and anchored the three gold stars in place.  I then did SRE roses in place of the berries on the green fabric and stem stitched leaves and branches anchored in place with a running stitch. 



I can tell you that Lisa made it quite challenging for us with her choices of carols for her blocks, BUT, I think that so far they are shaping up very nicely.  Now to see what others come up with before they head home.



To see my other complete block please click here.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I just love your work!