Saturday, January 02, 2010

BRRRRRR!!!!

Okay, this is totally not fair!!!  I like winter but what I don't like is mild conditions with very little or no snow and then the deep freeze is dumped onto you with high windchills!!!  What happened to those winters where Fall melded into Winter and it progressed in intensity to the odd blizzard or two and then decreased into Spring???  I do not like these frigid temps at all!!!

Well it was quite BRISK on my walk to the mall this afternoon but I was warm (dressed for it) just my face scarf had ice crystals all around. The mall was packed and I had a lovely stroll and visit with my friend Dale and then she left and I searched Zellers for tops - NADA so guess I'll check the Bay out over lunch this next week. If nothing then I'll just go to Home Sense or whatever their sister store is and check out the Christmas sales on stuff to use my gift certificate. Nothing at Zellers appealed to me at all. Then my walk home was quite enjoyable and actually no ice crystals on my scarf and even had it pulled down to my chin as I was too stuffy.

Now what it'll be on our walk tonight I'm not sure but the dogs today were outside for like maybe 5 minutes or so before coming to the door so guess it's not bad for them.  This is my last night of dogs sitting so hopefully all goes well and that the owners have good travelling conditions to get home tomorrow.

No comments: