Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another CQd Block Finished!



WELL first off I can tell you that I'm not impressed with this "updated blogger" and until I can understand why it's done what it's doing on my so smoothly running blog then I'll know what to do to get it back to my liking!!!

I've got to learn that I have to slow down not try and speed up after my work day!!! This old bod just can't keep up with my wants!!! LOL!


Oh boy did I ever find Lisa's “song” theme DYB quite challenging. Naturally, I picked one with angels, my favourite. I LOVE your fabric choices BTW!



So I started off with the Venice lace angel and seam treatment which were shiny off-white, so I did my first tea-dying and just LOVE the effect. I really wanted a gold/bronze harp for this angel but no such luck so she’s holding a star – if you have a harp and want to change it please go ahead!



Then I used DMC metallic gold for the Bethlehem Star and do apologize for the tension problem and also the mess on the back – even though this is better than my other attempts – I’m still not happy with the result and need more practice. I sort of emulated the swirls in the batik into the seam treatment and added the beads and then the floating smaller stars.




I also wanted to “tat” you a star but that was not happening so I settled for the just learnt split rings for a seam treatment and beads at the switches. Then I embroidered the pine stems that were shown and added the gold dove.




Leslie suggested more beading if I was stumped, I took her suggestion and used my topaz like squares and added other embroidery and beads to them. I kinda like this powerful treatment – another first!


Then I decided I better embroider the words onto the song sheet fabric before everything else gets in the way and boy was I ever glad I waited as the “Gloria” was going to be on the first line – well it would have been totally covered with the Venice lace treatment!!! Now wish I had waited to add the beaded angel to the bottom right corner “AFTER” the BAS #43 moss stitch seam treatment - talk about a major mistake!!! Then I filled in with tiny stars.
I think this is now finished and hope you like it. Now onto the next block for a small part to be a round robin to make up for the one person who had to drop out.





And finally here is Margreet's and my blocks side by side!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely block, Rose Anne! Beautifully balanced, and the topaz beads look terrific. And, your tatted dragonfly is fantastic!
Lynn, SoCal

Joy said...

Absolutely Lovely !!!