Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm TIRED!!!

Okay, I know I've been "lax" "lazy" or "just plumb did not want to" to tackle the job this past year of washing/drying/pressing all my purchased fabrics and they were just piling up in the livingroom infront of the TV (constant reminder that did not work eh!). Well the piles weren't staying upright anymore, so I decided to tackle them this long weekend and just about did it too!!!

I'd been washing fabrics all Saturday evening and then again today that have been awaiting this process before entering my sewing room. I've done five huge loads and still have two more medium loads for later this week - I'm too bushed to do more. Naturally I had a zillion tangles to right, then I overdried some so had to do an earnest dampening and pressing job but it sure feels good to get this job underway and over half of it into the storage cupboards. Call me "crazy" I know - but I just can't put my fabrics away without pressing them first - yes I know it's double use of time but that's just me!

I'll take another picture when I've finished as I know it's grown since that first picture I took when Sylvia helped with the sorting and stashing away last week!!! Heck I've taken a good two laundry baskets of folded fabrics into there and still more to go!!! I definitely don't need to buy more fabrics and my niece had asked if I found things I was missing yet (cheeky kid!!!) - hmmmm just a couple of things and also found a couple of repeats I bought just recently that were near the bottom of the pile already! WHOOPSIE!!!

Then around supper I took the small rag quilt made by some Aurora ladies along with an alphabet quilt I found in the filing cabinets when we moved around the office recently and my own bed quilt to the laundromat up the street for a good washing/drying in the BIG machines. Talk about a lovely I Spy child's quilt once it was washed. WOW talk about a new look for my bed also - just have to sit down now with some DMC floss and blanket stitch the polyester fall maple leaves back into place as many have broken apart etc over the years (a good 30 years for this baby - definitely time for my first quilt to replace it soon).

No comments: