Monday, April 08, 2024

Catchup - March 24th-31st

March 24th

So today I pulled out my BAGFUL of various Canadian themed cottons and sewed up these four blocks.  They will be taken to Quilt Canada by Tanis for me (thank you) and donated for their sewing of quilts during the convention.   www.quiltsforsurvivors.ca





March 26th

Today I finally stitched up my ACQ mystery blocks #13 and #14 for March. Not sure there is a next set or instructions for layouts and assembly! This has been a couple of rough days but sewing has helped to keep me distracted.



March 27th

Ohhhh boy I must be sick!!!

See, I'm looking for some special threads the Lace girls want and at the same time gone through laces and started sorting them to give away to my friend's Teulon library crafts n to Monica.

Ohhhh and I found the small tub of batik scraps I used on those green HSTs blocks that I'd put away and couldn't find a few months ago. So now they are out for my mini hanger!

Maybe I'll soon get most of my crafting supplies out and get my fabrics out of boxes and into bins and maybe on the shelves? I've a couple more recipients for fabrics etc so may do quite a bit of purging in that poor sewing room. I'd love to tackle more in there but I'll listen to my body!!!

March 28th

Maybe a new idea with reject or thrift jeans?  Stuff the legs with polyfil, stuff a tee shirt in waistband and stitch closed, add toys to pockets, then anchor legs in a lap-like position.  VOILA a cat bed!!!


Now while looking for specific threads I came across a big baggie of various sized HSTs PLUS a baggie of these blocks and scraps. My initial thought was to pack them up to Adeline but then decided to make up more freebie NICU tops. The rail fence one is short 3 blocks so pulled out my fabric and cut three to fit in. Thank you whomever passed these onto me!



March 29th

Happy Easter!!!  I just love this mini tea cup idea!


Oh oh!!! It's sneaking back in again!



March 30th

Hmmmmm the excitement of seeing me is fast over. And Riggs, the foster B&W boxer, is a fast handle door opener BUT doesn't close it after all are inside. So you need to lock it after yourself to keep him out with others!!! Fun and games!


Just love this idea!  Even for towels in the bathroom!


March 31st

Wouldn't these be cute in your garden?


WOW!!! I saw this bright spot through the trees out front. It's the sunset on the windows across the river on the apartment block on Rivr Ave. Then looked towards the west and saw this block just across the river on Roslin Road also awash in sun! WOW!!! But missed seeing the church spire aglow!



No comments: