Friday, April 12, 2024

Catchup - April 9th-12th

OMGG!!!! I thought the off and on ringing in my ears was annoying but that's nothing to the annoying waves of noise (imagine a loud agitating washing machine or vibrating kitchen fan IN THE WALL! Even the window sill has vibrations at my touch? My neighbour said it's so loud in his suite that it kept him up since 5am, at least it dissipates towards my bedroom andslept OK. It's been 75% steady since noon, a pounding headache now and finally the caretaker says it's the hot water pump and will be checked tomorrow. 🙏🙏🙏

April 9th

Well I was going to bum around the day as by noon the buzzing was still on and increasing in volume. But then Edna texted and wanted to know what I was doing, asked to go out for lunch, so I jumped at the idea, picked her up, parked my car and Aida joined us for a walk to the Forks for lunch. Afterwards we took the Riverwalk around to the Museum, met up with Edna's son Jerry cycling, then home to get the car for last minute grocery shopping. That was a mistake as my hip gave me grief for sure. Too much I guess. But it sure is awesome to know I'm getting better and can walk a few KMs without intense pain lately!!!


April 10th

What a busy day!!! It started out by quilting the two borders on my NICU Stella blocks coverlet, affixing the label then heading out to lunch with Sylvia. Back to her place to finish stitching on my MPQ label then the end of that tough puzzle before Sylvia took my quilt picture.  






Once home I decided to get boxes ready for Sunday's purging with help from Sylvia and Pat. But didn't stop there, I've almost filled two big boxes and a smaller one plus three large bags set aside already. Hopefully more on Sunday!

Just about forgot about supper!!! Now relaxing feet up!

April 11th

WOW!!! Guess I've more energy than I thought today. 😉 Sure a good feeling!!!
I decided to tackle the bindings for the four child/lap quilts I found the other day and had trimmed excess off. So today I cut my strips, sewed them on three quilts until 2:30ish, when the washing machine was free, so stripped the bed and threw it into wash/dry. In the mean time I also tackled turning my queen mattress, what a chore!!! Then finished sewing the turned bindings on two quilts and finally found a fourth fabric for the last quilt, prepped and pinned onto the quilt. By this time it was 8ish and enough for today. Relaxing feet up now watching the Jets and other recordings!!!

April 12th

That's what I've always said! I don't change depending on who I'm with, I'm ME!!! I may get quieter to keep peace!

 
I thought this purple/blue/green one was familiar and I've found MY picture of this flimsy from my first online storage system on Webshots, WAY BEFORE my Blog started! But yet I've not found my own picture for the year sewn up.

My flimsy 34.25 x 43.25" that someone added more borders and quilted for me.  
Thank you.

So obviously someone in Aurora gathered these flimsies, quilted them and returned the bag of four to me, who knows when, to bind/label. Binding I've completed today. 

34 x 40.75"

37.5 x 52"

Now 37.25 x 55.5"

51 x 56.75"

But I'm too tired to struggle with my laptop to print off both Aurora and MPQ labels. Maybe next week, then I can wash/dry them and I've decided I'll drop them off Thursday or next month for the MPQ ABC program for whatever organization needs that size of quilt.

If you recognize these please let me know so I can acknowledge your efforts whether for the quilt top and/or quilting. Thank you!

This purging is making more work for me!!!

Ohhhh I was sooooo very happy Sylvia phoned and got me out of that overstuffed sewing room! I have enough floor room to do some slower dance moves, but no energy - WOW!!! Every time I turned around something behind me would fall? Not sure what it was but I better stop and wait for Pat just in case something falls on ME!!! BUT dang it I still haven't come across my shoe box full of fabric Jelly Rolls!!!

But dang I've now 3 big boxes filled of crafty and some yarn n fabrics, 1 medium box of crafty things and three large bags already packed n labeled for their new homes!  

I gotta stop as I've a very busy and horribly early (for me) day tomorrow and a sewing class too! Need my head well rested!!! But hopefully Sunday I'll have lots of the crafty stuff out of my closet and hopefully able to store my specialty fabrics in clear bins, my flimsies with their backings and/or some sandwiched quilts just waiting for me to tackle the quilting!!!  Then Tuesday will be delivery day for these boxes and maybe celebrate a small victory hopefully with wine!!!  YAHOOIEEEEE!!!  That's the first honest to goodness purging, hopefully there'll be a books, fabric n beads purge down the road?

No comments: