Sunday, April 14, 2024

Catchup - April 13th-14th

April 13th

Well I've started again some purging and came across these four various sized quilts - child's to large lap. I trimmed them and found binding fabric for all.  
I thought this purple/blue/green one was familiar and I've found MY picture of this flimsy from my first online storage system on Webshots, WAY BEFORE my Blog started! But yet I've not found my own picture for the year sewn up.


So obviously someone in Aurora gathered these flimsies, quilted them and returned the bag of four to me, who knows when, to bind/label. Binding I've completed today. 





But I'm too tired to struggle with my laptop to print off both Aurora and MPQ labels. Maybe next week, then I can wash/dry them and I've decided I'll drop them off Thursday or next month for the MPQ ABC program for whatever organization needs that size of quilt.  
If you recognize these please let me know so I can acknowledge your efforts whether for the quilt top and/or quilting. Thank you!

This purging is making more work for me!!!

Ohhhh I was sooooo very happy Sylvia phoned and got me out of that overstuffed sewing room! I have enough floor room to do some slower dance moves, but no energy - WOW!!! Every time I turned around something behind me would fall? Not sure what it was but I better stop and wait for Pat just in case something falls on ME!!! BUT dang it I still haven't come across my shoe box full of fabric Jelly Rolls!!!

But darn I've 3 big boxes filled of crafty and some yarn n fabrics, 1 medium box of crafty things and three large bags already packed n labeled for their new homes! 
 
I gotta stop as I've a very busy and horribly early (for me) day tomorrow and a sewing class too! Need my head well rested!!! But hopefully Sunday I'll have lots of crafty stuff out of my closet and hopefully get to store my specialty fabrics in clear bins, my flimsies with their backings and/or some sandwiched quilts just waiting for me to tackle the quilting!!!  Then Tuesday will be delivery day for these boxes and maybe celebrate a small victory hopefully with wine!!!

April 13th

WOW!!!  Yes it was a way too early start to my day, picking up Sylvia 8am and heading to Crestview for the Assiniboine Circle Quilters gathering and lucky us the opening set up and put away closing this month!  Plus I had a class on Fabric Manipulation with Valerie H.  There is another technique with Fabric Magic that was shown but we didn't get to it, but someone showed her awesome example with the item fancy stiched before steamed, I'll be trying that one day and adding it in here.  I think we all enjoyed this class very mucho!  Thank you Valerie!

Thank you Sylvia for these three pictures!!!




Chopkey Hexagons

Continuing Prairie Points 

Lined Prairie Points 

Harlequin Tucks

Straight Tucks, Sample 1


Straight Tucks, Sample 2

Once home 3:30ish I promptly took a nap before watching the Jets game and catching up on missed curling games while finishing off my various class pieces.  These I hope will go into a way too snazzy tote bag for myself, lots of beads and trims I think.

April 14th

O M G G ! ! ! 🫨🫨🫨
Pat and Sylvia got here 11ish and we started purging my crafts supplies! Pat brought homemade soup, humus and veggies and I had taco chips and salsa for us for lunch. Sylvia cut off a strip off my stash of felt putting them in a smaller bin, then sorted and put my batiks into that larger felt bin and finished off with sorting some of my Christmas fabrics and into another large bin. Pat and I were in the sewing room pulling out various bins, purging most, combining some and putting stuff I was keeping into clear bins that were purged. We got rid of most non see through plastic store bags and boxes!!! We did MAJOR purging damage of mostly craft stuff and WOW!!! what a huge improvement in that room. 

Left side of master closet

Right side of master closet

These will be split between three places, most are fabrics.

This is all crafty stuff we purged!

Down the road I'll start sort lying around or boxed fabrics hopefully into the two cupboards that Pat showed that I can now open without items falling everywhere! I'll pull cotton fabrics I've lost interest in for a group that sews quilts for Sleep in Heavenly Peace and fancy fabrics and more embellishments for Alzheimer's quilts. It'll be awesome to find things at a glance now!!! 

Thank you Angela for the two sources and my friend Monica is getting some too!  All these will be dropped off Tuesday!!!  YEAH!!!  Nice to know someone will make better use with these than I now-a-days or dropping them off at thrift stores.

No comments: