Monday, April 08, 2024

Catchup - April 2nd-8th

April 2nd

Dang it!!! I made it through winter without a cold, this morning woke with a stuffy head, sneezing, buzzing ears, scratchy throat and coughing! Like a sinus head cold? Yesterday I was sluggish in slow mode, guess there was a reason! Hope it passes fast!!! Chicken soup and lots of water!

Good idea!! Even wheel barrels or other such carrying objects.


April 3rd

Located at 82 Main Street, Carman.


April 4th

This was my scrappy PFA swap for a belated Happy St. Patrick's Day to Fayth Heath and to three of my Irish girlfriends! I've had fun turning my tiny pieces from various quilted projects into a fabric postcard, 4x6" size. πŸ€

So it started with leftover scraps, a drawn Shamrock of someone's idea found and the fun began. So after setting the pieces with interfacing as I didn't have the Steam a Seam with me then, I finally found a suitable backing and got the bonding. Once set in place I machine zigzagged over the joins then with floss hand embroidered over all inside seams and around the outer edge. Then using my light table and printed off words I dotted lightly with blue water disolvable fabric marker after the first disaster and did an outline stitch with green floss. After that it was the Word computer generated backs and sandwiching fronts and backs together with compressed double sided fusible bonding. Last step is the machine barely touching 1/8" zigzag, followed over top with touching just shy of 1/4" zigzag to seal edges, burying the final ends in the back stitching.

My inspiration

My puzzle pieces







My swap partners back

My Random Act of Kindness back

April 5th

I've always enjoyed this outing with family and friend!!!


The first of my "Erin Go Bragh - Ireland Forever" fabric postcards to arrive was Barb's here in Winnipeg, and her reply on my St Patrick’s Day post was;
“I LOVE IT. Thank you my friend such great work on this. Just received my mail Friday. xoxo”
Second to arrive was Eileen & Bruce's here in Winnipeg and her text was;
“Wow! You are amazing. Arrived home from Victoria and found your beautiful quilted shamrock postcard in our mailbox. Soo beautiful and we placed in on the picture wall in the family room. Thank you so much for the postcard and your thoughtfulness. And green is also Bruce’s fav colour πŸ˜›! Love and hugs. Eileen and Bruce”
Third to arrive was from my PFA swap partner Fayth H of Virginia, USA and this is her group post with her picture;
“Look at this fabulous Scrap card that I received yesterday from Rose Anne. She used scraps from quilts that she had worked on. She also told me that she enjoys fancy stitching, loves the color green and loved visiting Ireland. This lovely card arrived in a clear envelope all the way from Winnipeg in perfect condition. Thanks so much Rose Anne Burdeny.”
The last to arrive was Yvonne & John’s of Innisfil, ON and her reply on my descriptive post was;
“Thank you so much Rose Anne for our beautiful card which arrived yesterdayπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™it’s a work of art and is sitting on our mantle it’s fabulous and a real keeper.”
I’m so very happy they all arrived and hopefully in good condition! I love these mini quilted fabric art pieces, even more so when recipients enjoy receiving them in the mail! πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž



I was over at Sylvia's today, feeling more like myself again, and we even made good progress on that "pain in the butt" puzzle. So close to complete, then she's taking it to a puzzle exchange later this month! We are not sharing this one with family or friends!!!
But it was lovely to see her spring hanger on her door! Since she started these, I've chuckled a few times overhearing residents talking about her hangers as they do their hallway walks!

Someone once said if you take care of someone with dementia you lose them more and more everyday. When they get the diagnosis, when they go through different stages, when they need treatment and when they pass away. This is called "ambigua loss".

I don't wish dementia on anyone. As the brain slowly dies, they change physically and eventually forget who their loved ones are. They could end up lying in bed, not moving and not eating or drinking.

There will be people who will scroll past this post because Dementia has not touched them. They may not know what it's like to have a loved one who has battled or is still battling dementia.

A special thank you to anyone willing to bring Alzheimer Awareness Week to the forefront! πŸ’œ

April 6th

That's better prediction than our weather!



Definitely not for me! The shop's comment, 

"It's a stationary bike. There's more room for the machine on the back :). It's a fun novelty at our store."


Okay I'm ready for a nap after the fresh air this morning! First off to Chamois and got my beautiful baby back (for a bit - it better NOT snow now)! Then home, replaced my hatch items minus shovel and brush - again it better NOT snow now!!! Then since I had the wagon I took two garbage bags and my litter grabber and started picking up garbage blown in around my car then proceeded towards the garbage bin. That took awhile but hopefully cleaner for awhile too. As I approached the bin I heard singing so asked if someone was inside, yes a female voice replied, so told her these two bags were just blown around garbage I had picked up. I didn't want her to open them and have that blow out and around again. Once home I spray cleaned my grabber before storing it. Yep now relaxing, feet up and watching the recorded gold medal world's curling game!


What an awesome entertaining evening with this group!!! I picked up Pat, Sylvia and her friend June then met up with Angela at Franco Manitoban for this Archwood 55 Plus Inc fundraiser! AND I was entertained with our Aurora fellow quilter Adeline's performance, one of a few more in character with the songs and skits! AWESOME!!! Sorry no pictures were allowed!!!

All I can say, if you've not seen their "Sisters act", well you're missing a great time and helping a funderaiser at the same time, definitely getting your money's worth!!!

Nifty idea recycling bike wheels!!!


April 8th

WOW!!! I didn't know about storing your needle too in the detachable end of Guterman thread!  I knew about loosening it to get to the hidden thread end.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/ERoUiugoYxCBN5vo/?mibextid=oFDknk


WOW!!! I woke energized so picked up Edna for a walk in Kildonan Park. AND I think as we drove in Michelle was driving out? Then once home it was awesome seeing the dual screens from the Manitoba Museum Planetarium set up at the Leaf with Scott Young commentating and NASA's feed on the path of the eclipse. Here are a few I found interesting that I screenshot from their feed! That is till Museum Feed ended. Interesting!!!

https://www.youtube.com/live/PHqnFEMwzYU?si=shW-Q3Hma04e3RLv

















No comments: