Sunday, March 24, 2024

March 10th-23rd

March 10th

WOW!!! Good use for wobbly ironing board!


March 12th

OMGG!!! I'm so very glad I got to see this EYE on my Uber on the Thames tour when in London, but no thank you not for a ride!!!


And my pictures taken July 20th, 2023.




Linda Emm found this:  

This is a hoax, there is not plan to dismantle the London Eye. The pictures were from when they were bringing it to London and installing it. https://me.mashable.com/culture/39436/is-the-london-eye-really-moving-to-scotland-viral-rumor-of-relocation-gets-dispelled

March 13th

What a lovely day for lunch at Pineridge Hollow and a walk on Birds Hill Park paved road as paths were ice covered with Cindy and Janice this afternoon!!! Yes just lovely!!! Thank you girls!!! The logged walk is the orange box and the total for the day to now is below!!! My feet up relaxing and waiting for supper to bake.


March 14th

Yeah!!!!!  I've found my Batik pieces and printed off 10 of the 52 Scrappy Triangle Foundation blocks, then I managed to alter these marginally and sewn them up.  So next I will be planning out the new layout scattering these new ones, making sure they weren't next to the originals.  I'm running out of time finish this baby off!!!











March 16th

Well after a nice relaxing Aurora sewing day at Pat's with Jeanette I finally sorted through the bag of scraps Pat gave to me! I see some fairly complete HSTs for other NICU coverlets, batiks going into my scrap bag and selvedges for my stash too. Also a nice pile for my friend Adeline in Kenora who constantly makes charity quilts for the OPP! I think these triangles are the largest I've ever been given and the bottom left corner ones were cut in half and seem to be from an ombre fabric so will make awesome lights for my fabrics for a project for myself!!! Thank you Pat!


March 16th

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! I've had fun turning my tiny pieces into a fabric postcard, 4x6" size. 🍀🍀🍀🍀


March 18th

Cibo's for our farewell supper!








March 19th

OOOOOHHHHHHH I'm so excited!!! My western Canada travel plans for July 2025 are starting!!! Nothing concrete yet! This has been just over a year in the works with Leanne and Rodney from Sydney, Australia but one step closer!!! 🥰


My supper tonight!!!!!


March 20th

Just too funny! Maybe a hat, tougue or scarf for top?


March 21st

Hmmmm!



Okay my next mini HSTs project will be using my Batik scraps and these so awesome ombre from Pat Shaw.


I've selected my design, now to just decide the size and get planning. Only I may need more of this variegated ombre fabric if I add borders. Delimmas! 🤔

Then to add to this I cut my nails and it's a trial picking up these 2" blocks OR the pins!!! 😀

March 22nd

The other day I stopped into Dollarama and found this picture hanger ($4-5), perfect for my PFA swapped postcards rotated! Do this is in my dining room visible from the doorway. I'm happy with it.



What a lovely gathering of friends today, a shopping experience from Cedar House, Keystone and Oma's, plus winning the gift from Cedar House - thank you!  

But one of my Sylvia's ABC donations was not shown in the parade so I'm posting it here, obviously not enough hands to hold. 😉



Well after the MPQ meeting and shopping, I came home determined to hang my new postcard hanger and finish off the latest NICU coverlet top. So I started it with left over HSTs from past projects, Stella block pattern and pieces from my stash March 4th. Well today I learnt this is not such a good idea as I was short of a few fabrics so had to search for others and actually piece together to get a desired finish! Maybe I should have made the same centre addin on the vertical sides but didn't think of it till after the picture was taken. Oh well I still like the overall look!!! Also nice to reduce limited pieces even more so!



No comments: