Friday, December 22, 2023

Catchup - Dec 9th-22nd

Dec 9th

A lovely gathering of the Assiniboine Circle Quilters even in iffy weather conditions. The morning was visiting and hand stitching, some business, shown tell, then voting on the finished 150th Winnipeg challenge, then the signed up of quilts from the past, followed by a group picture. After this our potluck lunch was set out and what a feast it was, very enjoyable!!! I even won the last of two door prizes, included was a set of 4 pastel FQS and matching Aurifil thread - these I'll sew up into placemats and donate them for next year's placemat program! A WIN WIN situation!!!
So here are a few items that caught my eye!!! I totally forgot to take pics of the beautiful 150th challenge pieces!!!

Someone's placemat that gave me my idea.

My idea of alternating the 4 FQs as redrawn.

Intriguing!

Lovely!

I love Snowman etc.

Intriguing too!

And the back too!

So soft and calming too!


My door prize minus a box of pastel flower pins I gifted to Sylvia.  Once placemats are quilted I'll gift the thread to Edna, more her colours than mine.  Thank you.

Dec 11th

Jeanette, Dianne, Edna, Sylvia and I FINALLY got together at the Red Top for lunch and had a pleasant visit. And no picture this time!!!
Then did a few errands with Edna before heading home to finally do some fun tatting!

Dec 12th

I'm keeping up with my exercises, even adding in a hip stretching one Jeanette told me about besides the one my masseuse showed me to do before getting out of bed! They seem to be helping as today I've gone for my first walk, sticks for balance only. It was just to the Forks to meet up with Nancy and around then coffee before heading home.

Just about my 10,000 steps.

This was with Nancy with me setting the pace.

So basically 3.46 kms to and from the Forks for me!

I did good until a blister developed from my OLD boots and then I had a slight slip on ice, over stretching a thigh muscle. GRRR!!

Dec 13th

Good Morning from mild winter conditions in Winnipeg!!!


Dec 14th

Here are all the 2023 ornaments I've made with family and friends. One set still MIA.
Top Row: Mine, Sylvia's, Mine
Middle Row: Pat's and Byran's, next two Diane's, Edna's 
Bottom Row: Mine, Pat's, Eileen's 
Awesome time together crafting.
Wonder what we'll come up with next year?


Dec 15th

The past three days I've relaxed between errands etc and got back to tatting! Decided to make the Butterfly Bookmarks design by Jane Eborall after trying another design which gave me grief just starting out!  



So not sure what I'll tackle next, maybe the December ACQ mystery quilt blocks.

Dec 17th


Here's is the lovely woven fabric star from Linda! Love the fabrics and colours!!! Thank you! These are front and back or vise versa!

Front and back.

Dec 19th

What awesome spring-like weather for a Winnipeg winter day!!! It was also my second walk in a week and a wonderful success! I met Edna and we walked to the Forks, shared lunch together then back. The last few blocks were a challenge but no aches or pains and hopefully none later too! After some errands returned home to do my laundry before the holidays.


Dec 20th


Well today is a first time I was LATE for an appointment, in a very very long time!  Too many this past few weeks and I screwed up with the times thinking it was the same as tomorrow's!  Lucky it was a short one and did not mess up her schedule!  She said I'm always early and was concerned something happened to me!  DUH ME!!!

Then picking up Edna and off to 529 to meet Sylvia, Pat, Amanda and Byran for Pat's 60th birthday lunch!  Awesome!!!  💞💞💞



Thanks to Amanda I learnt about Portrait mode to blur the background!!!!!  ❤️

Dec 21st

May this Christmas and the New Year around the corner bring you and your family much joy and something fun to partake in, maybe a special gathering, a pleasant vacation or just day to day activities!
Life is mostly good to me and I hope the future years are too!
Take care and wishing you the best of health and happiness now and into the future!  
HUGS, from Rose Anne and these too
Top left n down: Wheeler n Griffin, Lexi n Sam, Tuco!!!!!
Top right n down: Bubba n Dahli, Katsu, Boston n Yogi, Simba!!!!!


Dec 22nd

OH OH OH what a day it is!!! Usually ice fog lifts by say 10ish or if winds pick up! Not sure why this is waning light n heavy this long with snowflakes falling too!
The red tint is from my shirt but as you see, very faint sight of the hi rise to the left and NO SIGHT of the hi rises or church steeple across the river behind these trees!!!
AND I'm not hearing planes at all! Hmmm will Taunya depart for her holidays? 🙏🙏🙏



No comments: