Monday, November 27, 2023

Catchup - Nov 22nd-27th

Nov 22nd

Today I received my PFAswap, this lovely Christmas silk ribbon postcard from Zoe, a.k. Skyfire, of Montana, USA. She says it's her first attempt with ribbon. I also love the holiday plaid she bound it with. I say she made an awesome card!!! Thank you Zoe!



I was so pleased with myself today! See I woke feeling more myself and went out with two walking sticks and basically used them as "just in case" than needed for support. Then I stopped into Sylvia's and stitched part of the afternoon before starting to feel achy so headed home to relax! Ohhhh I hope this getting better continues!

Nov 23rd

Oooohhhhhh what else can happen!!! I'm so annoyed and fed up! My shower head (probably 8 years - guess it's old) just cracked and water in all directions. So now my relaxing day is interrupted to go get another telephone shower!!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!! 😕

Nov 25th

That explains why I'm wiped out after a long day or retreat days of quilting!!!


Nov 27th

I think I forgot to post Sylvia's recent commissioned fabric art/thread painted landscape hanger. I love it!!!


Okay I felt GOOD Saturday so went out with Sylvia to a few craft sales and continued good til mid-afternoon then got achy. 


Sunday was not good, ached in different places so relaxed most of the day, with a few hours sewing at Sylvia's (she also needed a piece of my Canada fabric for another project), before heading home.  

Ohhhh I did not like the smaller HSTs in the ACQ mystery quilt project so undid the two and rearranged them into Flying Geese, love this idea, so redid the picture.

This is the original layout for mini HSTs.
Blocks 1, 2 and 3.

This is re redone HSTs into Flying Geese.

Blocks 4 and 5.

Today, Monday, I felt GOOD again so picked up Edna and returned our boots that weren't what we thought they'd be like, then Oakwood for our borscht and cheese toast before heading to St Vital to check out boots there too. Zippo, and another long day, feeling achy, headed for home!

No comments: