Monday, November 20, 2023

Catchup - Nov 10th-20th

Nov 10th

Today I'm feeling a little better and able to walk a half block before pain builds and I have to stretch or sit to release it.  So picked Edna up and to the Outlet Mall for lunch and the first footwear store, Sketchers, we both find boots for winter shopping or visiting.  Zippo for a jacket for me before I called it quits!  Ohhh it feels so good to be feeling slightly better, I can hope for more release soon too!

Nov 11th

Let us Remember!!!

This is the picture of my Polaroid jigsaw puzzle I've yet to set! The sealed box is on the top shelf!


Nov 12th

OHHHHH I'm very slowly getting better. Today after brunch with the girls, I shopped in Polo Park briefly and walked from Starbucks to nearly the elevator/escalators before having to sit down with slight pain. I did find myself a lighter weight parka for warmer days, not what I really wanted but for $49 plus taxes it will do! So home relaxing and catching up on my sports!!!

Nov 13th

Sad/Funny!!!

But honestly VERY VERY VERY true.

Last week I on two walking sticks had to carefully manuever out of the way of one of these "zombies" even after saying HEY loudly. Not great with my hip pain.


Nov 15th

Finally I think this sciatic pain is lifting, at least I can walk a block with the walker before pain sets me on my butt for a bit before continuing!!! Laundry yesterday set me back a bit, but today was not bad, to the point I finished off my PFA swap, Beautiful Ribbon Embroidery, finally after a two week delay! I've always loved AUTUMN so knew as soon as the topic was posted I'd stitched the postcard top in October but not finished it till today.



OMGG!!! It's beautiful out there! They are huge fluffy flakes! ❄️❄️❄️ But I'm sure for travel it's not nice so hope everyone is extra cautious and not full of that 'I know how to drive, you dont' cockiness attitude!


Nov 16th

Today was a good start so I spent a few hours at Sylvia's sewing with her. This time I stopped and headed home before over doing it. I worked on my Assiniboine Circle Quilters mystery BOM blocks and Sylvia on a commissioned wall hanging. It's looking really awesome!!!



Nov 17th

A quiet day doing a few errands before heading to Headingley to Cindy's for supper with Janice too! Yummy chicken tacos from Costco!!! Then we went to Shelmerdines Christmas special night opening! Awesome to visit with my friends after so long!!!

https://www.shelmerdine.com/event/holiday-sparkle-event/2023-11-18/






Nov 18th

Well today I felt lots better and Sylvia and I went to Assiniboine Circle Quilters until I ran out of energy.  I didnt haul my machine but contined on my handwork UFO instead.  Then home to relax.


Nov 19th

Yeah yeah yeah!!! I'm feeling lots better today and 🙏 it continues so! I even tackled the baby bath towel for a gift today without pain, achy a bit but I'm relaxing those out before going to Sylvia's for Grey Cup!!! Hope to drop it off an my way today!


Nov 20th

OMGG! 🤣🤣🤣 Yesterday I finally have the strength to STAND at the sink and do a load of dishes! Sink full of hot soapy water, turning the tap to a slow hot water flow for rinsing and PLOP!!!! The damn faucet spout falls off and turns into a water fountain before I shut the tap. This has happened a few times before and I've managed to screw it tightly back on. WELL this time NO WAY JOSE! So only did that one load and now a call into the caretaker! At the same time I'll ask for a shower bar to get in and out too! 😉

I love checking this out each year it's on?

OMGG this is beautiful!!!!


WOW!!!!


Yeah the kitchen tap is finally connected, after a struggle with getting the grooves aligned and then the caretaker tightened it with a wrench! Guess I'll get my dishes done today! 🤣🤣🤣

 

No comments: