Friday, November 10, 2023

Catchup - Nov 4th-9th

Nov 4th

I love her store and stop every time I'm heading east and again, if possible, on the return trip.  🤗


Ohhh so awesome for a party and centre display!


Well Sylvia and Edna both have throat and coughing and me with hip/leg pains that walking is short and slow so we missed MPQ plus Sylvia and I Assiniboine Circle Quilters meetings! I'm feeling a bit better and can walk a bit further befoe stretching so I decided to go over to Sylvia's and use her machine and visit with her a bit this afternoon. She's working on her UFO project and I'm working on the last two Meals on Wheels placemats for ACQ.



So while I streamed Gushue's Gold winning Pan Continental curling game on my phone so Sylvia could see it we accomplished a lot considering we'reboth not 100%. Sylvia quilted her UFO and then cut out the ACQ BOM blocks 4 and 5. I finished off the two placemats from OMA's retreat for ACQ and then changed my table topper into a placemat for myself. It's partially quilted and once I find my butterfly templates I'll add that to the tan squares. Then I started to cut out my block 4 pieces but ran out of steam and had to go home for a Biofreeze rub down and feet up.  



At least we enjoyed a shrimp dinner at our favorite Southdale Family Restaurant, Yummy! But I must say that was a first that Sylvia helped ME across the street! This better fly the coop and fast!!!!

Nov 6th

OMGG it's been one of those days, sciatic pain, but I'm fighting through it. Then Pat came over with her hamburger soup, just what I needed today! 🥰 So as I was feeling a bit better I decided to tackle the change of my Shaw modem that they sent me last week. Well after some bending etc I finally hooked up the modem then crashed onto the couch in pain. Once the worst was over I tried to get connected. Well my PC/phone and their instructions did not play nice and I had a meltdown. Decided I did not need anymore aggravation, I called for assistance. Right away I apologized I was in pain and not 100% so wanted help getting internet connection restored. DUH within 15 minutes of waiting for reboot, resetting network connections AND changing the name/password - ALL WAS GOOD!!! In that same amount of time I could not get to the APP as per their instructions to start connections! 😩🤗🥰 Now trying to relax!

Nov 6th

I pray I can go to this again this year! Will see how things go.


Okay today was definitely a week's worth of workouts! My nice neighbours drove me this morning to my Dr appointment as I was totally in pain and bent over my walking stick. Got a prescription filled for stronger topical cream and told to up the x-Tylenol to help reduce the pain and Advil for inflammation and if not better in a week I'm back to see him again. Then got my flu and Covid shots, I'm in pain so what's 2 needes too! Needless to say I took the 2 pills right away and got picked up and taken home, topical applied. Called my massage therapist and she got me in for a half hour at 4:15 today, otherwise nothing till December. Then I snoozed and woke to heavy snow and freezing rain warning. Pain vs weather? Nope I slowly went myself with two walking sticks and prayed everyone stayed away from me there and back. I'm home, topical on again and relaxing! 🥴

Nov 8th

Both Sylvia and I had errands to do so I went out with my sticks. I even dropped her off, I stayed in the car, and she got her Pfizer Covid shot at Shoppers on Osborne. And when going to Smitty's for lunch Sylvia helped me up the curb, coming out I avoided that and used the slight ramp and road, lots easier. Sylvia brought me her walker and WOW what a difference in my balance, more upright and I was able to walk from a nearby parking spot to the mall entrance before having to sit down. Lots further than a dozen steps. But dang didn't think I'd be doing this so soon.  

But still after grocery shopping with many rests I gave up and came home, recycle drop off can wait for another day. Once home I called one of my neighbors to help get my groceries up, by the time she came down her husband arrived home and took over AND my next door neighbor too, all offering to get my groceries etc next time. I said I did better than last week so hopefully improving!

So today here is the lovely greenhouse gardens in Amsterdam that Margreet and I visited and then a picture of the snow out my window this morning! HMMMMM!!!



Nov 9th

Again Sylvia and I went out briefly to pick up pictures from London Drugs then she went shopping while I stayed in the car. Then again both tired so I dropped her off and I very slowly got rid of my trunk full of recycle from the past two months then home and feet up. Yes it getting better and better, but I'm going slowly. I think the movement rather that sitting all day is working with the meds and rub.  Even my bruised toe is looking a bit better!  🙃 

No comments: