Friday, August 11, 2023

Catchup - Aug 6th-11th

Aug 6th

I decided I needed some comfort food and company!  So I picked up Edna, parked the car at home and we walked over.  That was far enough and glad it was nice out.
Yes it was a lovely Forks visit but 3/4s of the way home I asked Edna if she had her shirt!  Ummm no it's on the chair back there.  Well I was low on energy so I said let's get the car and drive back.  Well thankfully to all for leaving it on the chair and she has her blue Jean shirt back!!!


Aug 7th

Hey sounds ideal for more vertical type growing!



Aug 9th

Tonight I took Edna to see the Asham Stompers at the Metis Pavillion and try some Bannock and jam. Awesome!!!
It was nice to get some input for Stomperfest September long weekend too! Hopefully the weather cooperates so Edna and I can enjoy the day out there!









Aug 10th

Well it may be a wet afternoon but I had a lovely late lunch or early supper with Kathleen Onhasey and Art at Boston Pizza! It was nice to exchange stories on hobbies, beautiful Cuba and some travel incidences! I'm glad she touched base on one of my FB posts and we were able to get together between their plans! 💞 But no hugs just in case!!!
But dang it, it took just about an HOUR to get five blocks and finally the last block was a standstill so I zipped up Memorial, York, Kennedy and across Broadway with the bus that was behind me still at Memorial! Traffic is a standstill just about from Osborne to Main eastbound!!!

Aug 11th

Well finally last night I actually slept normally and not propped up on pillows. Also got woken up briefly with a short coughing spell then back to sleep till morning!  This morning, using the car, I picked up my misplaced OFF, returned my British £s (naturally at a loss and wouldn't take coins - glad I got rid of most) and mailed off my Fringe Tatters exchange too. Glad I'm home feet up!  Now relaxing before making plans for tonight's Pavillion!

So when I felt better after my vacation return I started tatting my exchange bookmark. We were to take an old edging and turn it into a bookmark. Well I selected my favorite Allison Tatted Edging from Be-Stitched. Once I reached the length I wanted, then perused the stitches trying to figure out how to turn and work up the other side after a turning chain. I wanted to keep the right side facing so decided to use a knitting stitch marker to hold the picot on the working shuttle thread, then did the chain in reverse order, then working the ring attaching the bead to the held picot then finished off the ring. YEAH it worked, just to continue all the way up. I did it after a few rippits and am very pleased. I hope my exchange recipient likes it too! It's now on its way to Denmark!


No comments: