Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Catchup - May 6th-10th

May 6th

Talk about a BUSY but AWESOME day and now relaxing feet up with hockey!
First off was MPQ International Guilds Day with the North Dakota quilters up by bus today, vendors were Cedar House Quilting, Needles n Craft Studio, Melissa Marginet's books n patterns, Omnikrat and Keystone Modern Creative.  Not sure which of the following was first!  A presentation by TFAM which was their newest collection - "JOY" - AWESOME,











A delish roast beef lunch with lovely table toppers that were prizes for someonen.

Table topper of North Dakota quilters coming to Winnipeg. 

Hexies table topper.

Backing of Hexies table topper.

Table topper.


A presentation by Rita Wasny on her quilts and her button collections.  Then singing, to Willie Nelson's On The Road Again, by MPQ members and then another version by the visitors.  


And Show n Tell by a few ND quilters!  By the way there were many door prizes and once again I was lucky then shortly followed by Edna and shortly after that by Sylvia.  Then Sylvia won the table topper made by Helen Maslowski, picture to follow tomorrow and the centre piece.  

Then we left, picked up Pat and drove to Winkler to Road 17 N for some shopping before going to Morden to check out the Barnswallows Quilt Show!  Some beauties here!  You will see the quilt and then the attached label with info!  Hmmmm wonder if any of us will be lucky on the choice draws???












Jean Motheral, Feature Quilter











Jean Motheral, Feature Quilter 









Then back home and now relaxing!

May 7th

Well early this year both Sylvia and I got new xrays on our achy hips. I got, not surgery fixable, as more arthritic or sciatic so physio for a bit to get exercises routine, hope that helps me! Sylvia's needs replacing, she saw the surgeon mid-April and he said surgery possibly early summer. Welllll as of last week it's a go for June 7th! WOW!!! I'm glad it's before my European trip so I can help out too! And 🙏 it helps her to enjoy future joys!!! 💞

May 8th

Glad I participated in this mystery even with my one part screw up and had to recut one HST rectangle the old way in each of the blocks! Still don't know what I did wrong! I'm honored to have been asked to be included as an example. Thank you Melissa!


My quilt in it too! 

OMGG this reminds me of both Janice and Cindy at Birds Hill.


May 9th

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!! I hate Facebook and disappearing draft posts! 😬😬😬

So it was a beautiful day starting with a visit with Edna and her daughter! Then Edna and I went to Sturgeon Creek for hopefully a good short pain-free walk, at least for me! I've had few meds lately, doing my exercises and today tested wearing my serola belt. I had two not so severe pain sessions but eased when stretched out and finished the walk pain-free. Even now at home just achy but no pain! Hope it continues! 🙏

Hey these are back!


Pussy Willows!


We saw these green last summer. 


Ahhhh come on beaver, pick on your own size!!!



May 10th

Ohhhhh I didn't hear this in the bedroom BUTTTT in the livingroom it's loud and irritating!!!!! Somewhere construction is driving in pilings or whatever they call them! I might have to run away for a break!

Yowsers!!!!


OMGG!!!! I'm stuck in the store for 15 minutes before the 1" hail turned to rain. Now gotta get home. Hopefully no damage to my car!!!






And I came home to this outside and with water dripping inside and on the ledge.  My window was up about 5 inches!


Here at home these are half the size that fell in the parking lot.



No comments: