Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Catchup - May 21st-23rd

May 21st

Ohhhhh what a lovely day BUT dummy here locked her keys in the side pocket of the car and the caretaker is not home.  So we walked to the Forks and hopefully soon home and I can get my spares from the apartment.  Then hopefully pickup Dianne for an afternoon of stitching?  At least I hope so!

Beautiful day!!!









Thankfully my caretaker was home, let me into my apartment for the spare keys and my day was back on schedule! YEAH!!!!

Took Edna home, picked up Dianne and off to Barb's for some friends' afternoon sewing together! AWESOME!!!!

Now back to my Canada Day postcards!!!!

May 22nd

I remember many city trips on this lovely lady!


YO!!! I got a bit of a scare the other day and took 3 days to sort myself out. See early 2022 Leanne (whom I met with hubby Rod when visiting Sydney, Australia in 2015) contacted me about a joint Rocky Mountaineer vacation in July. Well I jumped at it. Then something came up filling July 2024 up and I could not find info on these plans at the time! Oh oh!!! So I contacted Leanne and soon found out they are planning ahead for 2025! PHEW!!! Thank God as I'm looking forward to meeting them again even if I'm not one for train travel! I'm looking forward to sight seeing with them at both ends if at all possible!!! Yes I love visiting Canada and the mountains on both sides! So that'll be my big vacation for 2025!!!



Okay I've completed special Canada Day type postcards and thought the group may be interested. I used a couple ideas from this maple leaf batik fabric, used a blue embroidery tracing pen (wish nibs were finer) onto white fabric! Then tested two strand embroidery floss, too thick. So down to one thread and outer lines in tiny chain stitch, middle line in stem stitch with inside in running stitch. At this point I washed out the pen and all came out, then pressed flat! PHEW!!! Then with size 11 seed beads filled in between the running and stem stitch lines. LOVE IT!!! ❤️ 

To finish off my stylized flag, I sewed on the red Canada mottled fabric on both sides and was going to attach a simple tatted edging but all were too wide unless I went to really thin thread which would have taken TOO LONG!!! So I switched to buttonhole on my machine for a finishing look. Then prepped the special backings and sandwiched with deep red/wine satin stitched edging. Now ready for mailing off tomorrow!

My inspiration and pattern.



Washed out markings and pressed flat.





Guess I better get busy cleaning up here and maybe sorting through my summer stuff and items for vacation time!!!

May 23rd

Well it started out a good day! 

Errands finished then a walk down Wellington Crescent with Edna. WOW talk about a lot of changes, some renovations, some new mansions and a few empty lots waiting for development. BUT not a good day walking for me, had to stop to stretch or just sit a spell about every couple blocks. Then finally back at the car ready to drive off I had the same intense increasing pain, had to get out and deep stretch, then A-OK! Go figure!!!



No comments: