Thursday, July 08, 2021

Catchup - July 2nd-7th

July 2nd

I am totally disgusted with this world and all kinds of people and their so called righteous destruction in retalliation of being wronged! You are just furthering the hate into the next generation instead of trying to heal the wrong! Two wrongs do not make it right and actually undoes whatever good many were working towards reconciliation and open to understanding! So very sad! 

I was watching the Indigenous parade here in Winnipeg yesterday and was glad it was quiet, yeah right! Manitoba cancelled Canada Day so we can see their parade turn to this!!! With ALL the pictures, there should be LOTS more arrests than only the ONE!!!! 

My joy in making my quilt for Indigenous children just lost it's drive! I am totally against vandalism! Yes I know this is wrong, but now you need to understand how these retalliation destructions Canada wide are killing my drive to help out in this call for quilts. I have one quilt I'll finish but the second I was planning as a sisters effort will not be made, nor my desire to make more blocks for another quilt group's call for blocks. Yes so very sad!

CBC News July 1. 2021


This is the last of the mask refresher requests from May, these are for Judy!


PHEW!!!!! Dang it's way too hot in here to do anymore moving of furniture getting ready for window replacement next week! Sewing room is just about ready, bedroom so so, just the living room small sewing table to clean up, I use this to watch my sports in the cooler AC room. I sure hope the new ones help with this hot and cold fluctuations in future! I need to freshen up, a Steigle's Grapefruit Radler and feet up!

July 3rd

Sylvia to the rescue today!!! It's mega hot n humid in my apartment this morning and I was dropping off some fabric for her. So she said to come over and sew in her AC controlled place. So I packed some meat pies, my quilt blocks, the fabrics and stopped at McDs for cold beverages and walked into relief! 

We sewed together, had lunch, continued all afternoon till I was finished, then packed it in and ordered pizza for supper, before heading home. 

Well I totally didn't think about an inner border on this quilt as it is scrappy like to me. But after seeing it finished I'm thinking it may look better with an inner border of white all around, then the fossil fern orangey border? What do you think?



July 4th

The flag kinda reminds me of an over the couch draped quilt, which to me is appropriate in my message to my American friends! 💞🇨🇦💞🇨🇦💞


I walked up to Poke Mono for their scrumptious rice bowl! Refreshing taste!


This is exactly what I think and feel about orderly official removals or riotous vandalism etc to statues, street names, buildings/churches, etc! So sad that many think history needs to be changed! Wrong in my thinking. What needs changing is people's understanding that present day is not physically responsible for 'historians' mistakes and all of us learning from this and building a harmonious future without violence. 

These are my thoughts, whether someone else thinks it's wrong or not, does not matter. You are entitled to your thoughts and opinions too, but please not here. I'm not open to debates etc, thank you.


July 7th

Yahooie!!!! I was told they were starting to replace our windows on the 7th, no kidding two done and third started! 

They are small side push up sliding windows so my AC with some minor adjustments should fit even with less work on my part!



A busy day! Quick errands and then back to visit with the dogs and sewing up the on point blocks. Soon will be the borders, then deciding how to quilt both of these nature I Spy quilts before the fall.




No comments: