Saturday, April 28, 2018

Sad BUT Happy News!!!

Well a couple weeks ago at Pat & Randy's with some family members present Amanda asked if we wanted to hear some wedding updates!  I thought about time, as their wedding date of September 9th was fast approaching, but hey I'm a guest so did not need to be in the get go - just to attend!  Anyways she says there's good and bad and will start with "the wedding is postponed for now till further notice"!  UMMMM I'm thinking what's going on!  Yet they are both sitting in front of us happy and smiling at each other and Pat's not crying.  So far OK!  I was so looking forward to their wedding - guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer!

Then she grins and says "but we are having a baby approximately September 19th" thus the postponement.  She said they weren't sure if this was going to happen but now that it is they are thrilled!  WOW WOW WOW I am going to be a 'great great aunt' and to a great niece that I helped out with during her growing years!  I did mention that my 'baby sitting' days are probably over with but would help out in a pinch but not full days 😘!  Yes I'm a great great aunt on my nephew Terry Olynik family branch (hey maybe there are others that I just don't know of) but I've always been closer to Pat's family here in Winnipeg.

🎈 Congratulations Amanda and Justin and to baby too! 🎈  I can't wait to hold a newborn 🚼 again as it's been awhile since the "greats" were born and with my friends too!  Take care and I look forward to seeing you blossom during your pregnancy Amanda and to a healthy baby too!  Love and HUGS!!!!

Here are a few pictures I just could not resist posting that are my favourites!  Pat laughed at me when I asked for the following date and sent me this "Rose Anne the town crier LOL announcing the royal news 😃"!

They got engaged June 5th, 2016 in Gibraltar. 
She said he was so very very nervous proposing! 

I was into cake decorating then 
and couldn't resist making this for the munchkin!

My favourite portrait gift! 

The one and only time I tortured myself  taking both Amanda and April camping, in a tent too!  It was fun but a bit much for Auntie playing Mom and maybe too long for them away from home.   But hey they're fond memories!   Love you both!

No comments: