Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Road Trip Day!

It was an awesome start to a wonderful day!  Even Fred ate his breakfast lickety split so I could do my exercises and get out the door by 8 am.  I picked up Edna and headed to Sal's on Regent to meet Dianne for breakfast - thank you Edna for buying mine!

Then off to Grunthal and OMA's Quilt Shop where I picked up the mottled black and brown fabrics at a good price for Taunya quilted duvets.  Plus some goodies for myself AND picked up my sister's extension table she ordered from Adiena.



Then took the back roads to Steinbach to Driven to Sew who has a drive for lap quilts by November to go out with each local Christmas hamper plus a few goodies for me AND thank you Dianne for my little owl pin cushion.



We then went to Faye's Fabric Villa and I just picked up sale items plus 2 small pieces.


Lucky Dianne remembered the soup place Main Bread and Butter Com where we had homemade lunch as we had worked up an appetite again - once more thank you Edna for buying mine.  WOW is this place growing!

Then cross country to Beausejour to Needle and Crafts where I'm hoping to take a class by Melissa Marginet someday if schedules work.  I picked up some fabric charms and thank you Dianne for the Modern Patchwork magazine.


On our way out I was thanking them both for joining me on this lovely but crisp spring day road trip and decided to head back via Hwy 44 instead of backtracking to Hwy 1.  As I decided that I saw the sign for Lockport and shrieked!  The girls weren't sure what was going on but I quickly asked do we have time for one more stop!  Unanimous YES!

So in Lockport we dropped into Cedar House Quilting to see Helen Maslowski and Josh where we promptly saw the 2 Fabric bargello quilt both Edna and I want to make.  WELLLL, Helen teaches that class so I got the pattern to go with my fabrics I bought in Ontario and all three of us signed up for that class - she swears her way is lots easier!





I got a couple of things and then definitely back to get Dianne home for 5 pm curfew!!!!!


Then Edna and I stopped into Birds Unlimited for seed etc for her daughter's yard and then got Edna home for supper and me back to the dogs for their 6 pm feeding.  They were waiting for me.

Well it's gonna be a nothing type of night that's for sure!

No comments: