Monday, July 05, 2010

July Holiday!

Hope you all had a nice CANADA DAY and July 4th celebrations!!!

It was hot here in Dauphin and the trip out was interesting with threatening skys and patches of heavy rain to glaring sun - PHEW!!! I got to Florence's and the AC was on in the house so I was in seventh heaven! Then went over to Dad's and he was in a good mood  and doing good. He's even hired a "maid" for 2 hours to clean periodically and I think that is good - takes some of the burden off the girls!!! I had very little to do today as she was just there on Wed. So I'm just cooking and maybe shopping as I left him looking at the flyers! LOL! I'm getting lots of my kitchen towels crocheted this weekend.

Canada Day ended with a lovely Fireworks display after a very threatening storm front that closed down the fair earlier on and chased Wayne off the golf course but it blew over without damage that I heard of. Then after the fireworks there was a mega thunderstorm right overhead with another light show and it even knocked out the TV satelite so we went to bed and the cats hid in the basement!

It poured and thundered and even hailed Friday morning but I slept through it and woke at 8:00 to miserable weather but no rain so out for my hour walk I went but on the way home got caught in the last 20 min in a thunderstorm and pouring rain. That Canada Day Hat-Umb works like a charm as long as the wind isn't too uplifting!!! But I survived and now it's 33C and sunny and talk about muggy!!!  Oh and not sure if it was the storm or what but my cell phone is dead and will not charge up!

Okay, it's Saturday, off to get my cell phone/charger looked at as it won't charge up - what next?  Boy this town, oops guess it's really classed as a city now but I sure wouldn't say so, is bursting at the seams with the influx of Country Fest visitors.  No I did not waste my money on getting soaked or bitten to smithereens or subject myself to some of the craziness some exhibited.  I took various pictures of Florence and her two cats this weekend.  One is a fridge watchman/watermelon addict and made quite the crying issue until he was given some - totally weird and the other is a scardy cat of storms - quite the pair!  
  
And this day also ended in a rain storm - gosh it must have been a soggy mess in that farmer's field used as the camping grounds at Country Fest! Wonder if they'll get those 5th wheels and campers out of there Sunday/Monday or if they're stuck there till it dries up?

Well Sunday opened up bright and sunny and hot and muggy - YUCK and I'm driving back with no AC - another sweltering sauna drive and I forgot my cool tie too!  No I didn't go for my walk today - nor Saturday either, just packed up then back to Dad's to help with lunch and then walked over to the mechanics and picked up my car - at least the mosquitoes weren't around in this heat!  Finally on the road about 2:00ish and it was a slow process as there were many travellers both ways!  UGH!!!  Yep arrived home safe and sound and not ready for the work week either!  LOL!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Both of my dogs love watermelon, but I have never seen a cat eat it! Watermelon and peppers bring both of them running for treats!