Sunday, July 11, 2010

CORA's - SCRUMPTIOUS!!!

Okay, I decided I wanted a casual walk in the park today so picked up my quilting friend Florence who was at loose ends this weekend as her girlfriends escaped the city.  So we did a leisurely walk on the paths and through Leo Mol Scuplture Gardens where I realized there is another pond at the back that wasn't there when I used to visit regularly a few years ago - LOVELY place to read and/or stitch someday.  We did the 4.96 km (7, 420 steps) in an hour using up 270 Kcals (see I bought a better pedometre this weekend) and then decided either breakie or lunch was in order (I can't eat before walking).

OH MY, first I have to say it was a little pricey for my budget (or lack there of) but well WORTH the money and food experience!  I ordered the 1990s harvest and all I can say is "I died and gone to heaven" it was so delicious and I even left 3/4s of the other half of the awesome cinnamon bun - just too full. Everything from the poached egg to the bacon strips were just perfect and no sweet sauces on the bun or the half a plate of fresh fruit either - so you tasted what you got!!! And I had the Mango/Banana smoothie that was so SMOOTH, light and delicious too.

Needless to say my FIRST TIME here was a raving success and I'm kinda ticked at my friend Florence for bringing me here as I probably cancelled out the walking benefits!!! But not really, as I now have an awesome restaurant for future treats!

So if you've not had the chance to enjoy a meal here well I've scanned their take-out menu for the creme de la creme tease!!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place, and good on you for the walking. Are you doing this every day?

Judy said...

We have been going to Cora's a few times a year for several years now. I get the buckwheat blessing, more than half the plate covered with fruit - I figure that is my main meal of the day, and healthy, so I eat it all up. I figure that fruit is better for me, and more filling, than pastry. I hadn't realized till you pointed it out, that they do not use sauces on the fruit. We get to eat it in all its natural glory!