Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hmmmm Whatcha Think?

Okay after I had posted the four finished blocks from pics uploaded to the CQI Photos into that square wall hanging idea - I then got a brain wave!!! So I played some more and this is what I came up with. Now I would like your input as to which layout you like better. I've included my email so you can keep it private or just post your comment - either way. And Thanks!!!

Yes I know I've still Gerry's block for this DYB to come yet but I don't really need the finished piece to decide the basic layout, but the block layout will be the last task! By the way, I tried gold and green around the blocks but blue seemed the best and then again for the outer border the gold looked the best, but it may be the gold fabric from the blocks and the blue I'm not sure about, might just be some of the green from the blocks - gotta experiment when they all come home.


#1
Not sure if vertical is an option for my bedroom - depends on the width of the borders, I guess.


#2
I LOVE this layout and was thinking of either decorative quilting in the corners or some other accent pieces to be attached.


#3
This is a more balanced horizontal and suggested by some co-workers.

So I'm polling my readers and hoping you will let me know which layout you like best. Click on my name
Rose Anne and you should be directed to your "create/compose" via email or click on "Post Comment" within this posting. Again thank you!!!

11 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Hey girlfriend! I think your creative juices were really flowing when you came up with the second one - I like it! Can't wait to see what you do in the corners if that is the one you pick.
Hgs,
Kerry

Unknown said...

Hey Roseanne I sent you an email....

Sharon G

qwerty said...

#2 !!!!!!!!

It's very eye-catching yet it's still nicely balanced. The blue border really does look terrific! Is that a tan/mocha fabric, or just a table top? If it's fabric, it works beautifully. If it's not, then I really like that type of colour - it shows off the blue really well. A slightly goldish fabric would look great too, I think.

Cathy said...

After having done my Africa quilt, I vowed all my future projects would be narrower in width than length. With the weight of CQ, they seem to hang much better. Of your three choices, that would be MY selection. But they're all lovely, Rose Anne!!!! Let us know what you finally decide! Hugs, Cathy

Diane said...

My choice would be #2 also. Whichever way you decide to put it together, it will be stunning.

Anonymous said...

They all look good, but I like #2 the best.
Marci

gocrazywithme said...

Hi Rose Anne,
I think I would figure out where I was going to hang it and see which presentation works best, vertical or horizontal. If the horizontal will work, I like the #2 option IF you really bling out the large corner spots. So much potential there! Love the looks of your blocks; embellishments and colors are gorgeous!

Debbie S. said...

I love #2 Rose Anne. I would leave the spaces slightly open on the side blocks. It adds so much dimension and helps you faces stand out. Debbie S.

Juli said...

I really like option #2.

You could make four rectangle cq pieces for the corners, maybe with some embroidered words...

Judy said...

I vote for asymmetry all the way - I like gocrazywithme's suggestion of really blinging out the corners!

Diane said...

Okay, here's the sole person making a comment about liking 1 or 3 the best. The reason? Each block is equally important. In #2 I keep on looking at the outer edges and skip over the center blocks. But then I like symmetry. Whatever you do will be terrific, Rose Anne. Hugs, Diane