Sunday, November 22, 2009

Another Block Finished

This is an 8" large block and I only embellished a small part. I wonder what it will grow up to be with other additions from someone else?



So first I added a simple tatted edging of rings and picots (which would look lovely with some added beadwork I think) and then edged the bamboo circle with metallic beads. I then added my signature metallic web and made a beaded spider. You can just see a gold trim I added for one of the seams too.





Then I tatted my first dragonfly from Riet's pattern and added a variety of beads for body parts. I think this would look more dramatic if I could find the same beads but in various shapes and sizes - WOW!!! And then I added the butterfly from the NSAN tatting groups pattern Butterflies are Forever Free.

Yes I love this so far and would LOVE to see it in it's finished state.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, Rose Anne - your tatting has really improved!!! All the bits and pieces are the same size now! Just like the pattern says!
I am starting to come out of my bad spell now. I always like when that happens!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

The quilt block looks very nice. I like the color scheme and the tatting looks great on the block. Love the tatted dragonfly.

Dale Anne said...

GREAT tatting & it looks good on the block!!!