Monday, September 01, 2008

What a Weekend!

Okay, I'm back from Dauphin and have 199 messages (hope they're not all important) - YIKES!

Now considering that a dear friend's daughter-in-law (and mother of very young children) last week lost her will for life - I'm sure leaving all devastated - including me and I barely knew her; I think I have much to be grateful for!

1. for the chance to visit with my Dad and hope to continue such
2. for a car that has delivered me there and back safely in my many travels
3. for siblings that were very generous this weekend: Florence/Wayne for their hospitality; Elsie (yes you're reading right) for inviting me out to pick some beet leaves for my favourite Ukrainian dish and Erlene for showing up too and helping me out; also Elsie for assisting me in making my FIRST batch of garlic dill pickles (I have to wait 4-6 days before opening and tasting - but those at Florence's were very good); and Elsie again for packing up tomatoes and more cucs so I can make up my own sandwich pickles that she made for Dad and were super delicious and he's asked for more to come (chuckling)!!!
4. and an unexpected little something from Dad which I put towards the gas home
5. and very very very thankful to the Lord for keeping me safe through this couple of days of THUNDERSTORMS (which I totally HATE) that rattled Florence's house (curtains/doors all closed and cats a cowering too) and the four hour drive back in a continuous heavy downpour!!!
6. AND especially Dale Anne for urging me to read The Secret by Rhonda Byrne (actually listened to the CDs while driving) and now 2/3's of the way through the second time and hopefully this will make some changes to my life soon! There is nothing like having my special family members and friends in my life to share LIFE with! Thank you!

Ohhhh and then last week I was overjoyed for renewed contact from two precious niece/nephew who are busy with their own lives. I received an email preinvite from my niece asking for me to attend her university graduation - I've made a note and hope to enjoy that date with her and family/friends. Then also my nephew stopped into work for a visit and update me on his tumultuous house saga which hopefully after two years of trials and tribulations is now sorted out and their lives are hopefully more relaxed. Even an invite to come out and visit one day along with a map on how to get there!!!

Yes, I'm more than thankful!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wow Rose Anne !!!

Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Rose Anne, did you like the book, The Secret. I plan to read it on my way to Colorado. Sometimes we forget to be thankful for the things right there in front of us all the time. Debbie (Maine) rquirion@roadrunner.com