Tuesday, September 16, 2008

YAHOOIE!!!

Phew, at the rate I'm stitching lately I just might get myself caught up this month yet!!! Yes, I can happily say that I've stitched the top of a mini quilt since Sunday, that was supposed to be mailed in July (very very late) and I am VERY VERY VERY pleased with the results so far.

It was called Star Quest, based on the Bright Star pattern, designed by Sherry Fourez found in the QUILT Magazine (sorry don't know the issue as it was a pattern I tore out and ditched the rest) with a skill level of "intermediate". Each Bright Star block is made up for four 2" blocks (YOWL) paper pieced and the borders added on in a square format which I changed. I first stitched the three borders together and then stitched each set on and mitred the corners. I thought with all the points it was more appropriate this way.



PHEW and I say it is too, as with paper piecing, I thought the seams were to match and yet the angled ones don't. Now that could be my sewing too as I see some of my points are either disappearing or falling short of the block - hmmmmm - I alway find paper piecing a challenge. AND had to redo four blocks as I did not allow enough fabric for the one corner!!! Oh well I'm still very pleased with this baby. Not sure what I'll call mine, it hasn't spoken to me yet but hope it will before I need to make the label up this weekend!!! Now to figure out how I'll quilt it tomorrow evening! HMMMM!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on finishing the top. That would be a great feeling. Kathy from the Blig Blog http://akinaustralia.wordpress.com

Candi said...

What a lovely quilt! You did a great job and good for you for digging in there.:)
hugz:)
Candi