Saturday, September 20, 2008

Corner Joined Bindings

Okay I thought I had written this up but can't find it anywhere and now I don't remember the details - so hopefully you can figure out from the photos and then play with it to figure out your measurements according to the finished binding you would like. Good luck.


Sew your single or double fold binding in place on all four sides (four separate pieces with about 2-4" extra) and stop 1/4 inch from edges and back tack to secure.


Align corner bindings and draw a line up from where the stitching stopped. Then mark a 1/2 inch away from that line and line up the dot and ends of the straight line and mark and X.


Then stitch from the corner up over the dot a stitch or two and backtack. Then stitch from fold over the dot a stitch or two and backtack. Turn to check if okay, if not then adjust to fit. Once pleased, trim.

Turn.


VOILA!!! Now repeat for the other three corners and hand stitch in place.

This was something shown to me at the 2008 Western Retreat by Flossie and I thank her muchly for this as it has saved me much agony for my coasters! I love when many out there are willing to share their "knows" with others. Thank you Flossie!!!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Really neat, thanks. Kathy from the Blig Blog.http://akinaustralia.wordpress.com/