Thursday, January 03, 2008

What's on the Agenda Next?

Well guess it's the Christmas ornaments next!

Honest, I did take them to Dauphin with me during Christmas and managed to get quite a few of them stitched up (even my Dad was nodding his approval when I showed him what I was doing), now to work on the others and then to do the assembly and embellishing and those too will be finished - hopefully this next week or so. Thankfully what I chose are items that can be displayed all year long so the gals can enjoy these for a bit before deciding if they are "All Season" or just "Christmas" and pack them away with their other decorations. Nope I'm not showing you pictures until they are finished - sorry!!!

Ahhhh but I can show you my BDE online mystery project that I've finally started while at Adeline's too! (Brazillian Dimensional Embroidery)


See I said we were stitching during New Year's and I'm surprised we got as much done as we did with all the eatin and a munchin we did - never mind the wine a sippin - LOL!!! The only thing is Mrs. T's only had one green boucle Edmar rayon thread and it was not varigated so will have to introduce other greens that are, to break up the too solid trunk. I'm very pleased with what I've stitched so far and hope to get to that again maybe during the weekend - depends on the ornaments!!!

And then January 19th starts my three Saturday online classes of Quilt University, Upside-Down Applique. I sure don't know what to expect with this, but am really looking forward to this and hopefully learning a technique that I can apply to my Colourwash quilt that has flowers appliqued in the centre blocks. At least this is the first class I've been pleased with the chosen pattern so hopefully that will help in getting it completed!!!

1 comment:

NormaH said...

Hee, hee, hee ... you've been tagged with the Blogs That Make My Day Award! directions on what to do may be found on my blog.
http://normasneedlez.blogspot.com