Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Ornaments are Arriving!!!

WOW slowly but surely I'm hearing that my ornaments (see January 13th, 2008 post for pictures) that I sent out Jan. 15th are arriving (great for Australia) and what LOVELY compliments I'm receiving!!! I'm so glad that they are a hit, sometimes it's not so easy to plan items for swaps.

I LOVE making up the angel and embellish her differently depending on the mood I'm in. That is why I try not to make her specifically Christmas, as some would love to keep her out all year or off and on - on display. I've also been asked by someone if they can stitch her onto velvet and embellish the borders and frame her under glass! WOW - what a compliment! I don't know if it was done and that was a long time ago and have lost that info when I changed email providers.

The snowflake is new this year and I was to starch both projects but hate that process and avoid it whenever possible. That's why I buy the irridescent crochet cotton for the angel which is firm enough to stand on it's own and the ring will keep the snowflake in shape so I decided not to period. Now I did see why I should have starched it - the picot points would have stayed where they were intended to but in this case I was too late already and wanted them out - so hopefully I'll be excused this slip up!

1 comment:

Candi said...

Isn't it fun exchanging ornies:) I love to see the work others do.
HUGZ:)
Candi