Monday, January 28, 2008

Saturday's Exercise!

Well all I can say is "It was a LOVELY day!" Just a tinge of cold to let you know you were in Winnipeg in winter, but definitely not the BLIZZARD like conditions that are blowing outside right now. Like night and day!



So here's Byran, my great nephew who's 10 and just LOVES Fort Whyte and thankfully too then I can really enjoy my visit there too through his antics! I just wish Auntie had more stamina to keep up with his energy!!!



Yes, he did convince me to go down with him on the longer toboggan but I can tell you once was enough. It was way to high for me and I quickly hid my face in the back of his hood but basically it was okay until near the bottom where there was a slight bump and that jarred my back. Once was enough for this old girl! He was tickled that I did go down!



The building in the background is their Educational Centre and we were in there a while checking various displays and animals out (snakes, bees, water fowl and fish some of the live ones). Then on our way back from walking the many paths we saw the deer coming out to the scattered feed. Yes, up we went onto the toboggan structure again (see how high up) so I can get pictures of the deer.



There were four and they kept looking towards us so not sure if it was the camera or just the scent of us.



Three leaving and one left behind and Byran got a kick out of it as it kept checking us out but still ate.





But guess he'd had enough and ran to catch up with his pals.



It was a half hour to closing and Byran still wanted to check out the bison enclosure and that was quite a hike still on the premises so off we went but at a clip as we had to get out before they locked the gates. He just enjoys checking out the bison (buffalo) but they are never close by thus the telescope setup.



It was 4:30 ish and the sun was just sinking and so lovely that I could not resist this last picture and I hope to get it printed off for myself and my niece too. And yes he naturally wanted to skip off yet further to the treehouse in the bush but I put my foot down and said enough. We really had to get back before dusk as I did not relish walking through the bush without street lamps!!! Yep, born in the country, but definitely a city slicker now! LOL!



And the finale was this huge hill on the compound still a ways from the exit but he could not resist ONE roll down! I really don't know where he got his energy from. I was wiped and when we got home about 5:30 ish all I wanted to do was crash.

I was thankful he was in a good mood and only wanted to play Dominoes so I learnt and that's what we whiled away most of the night until 10:30 when I finally said enough "Go to BED!" Shoot I wanted to myself but did not dare until he was out! LOL! Even the dog was pooped and did not get me up during the night!

But Sunday was also a lovely day and Byran and Belle went out for a long walk and I worked on some stitching and just relaxed.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Rose Anne, what wonderful pictures, thank you so much for sharing. No wonder you were exausted after your day, but what a great sharing experience. Great memories too.
cheers - Faye

crazyQstitcher said...

You may have felt ancient after the snow fun but I bet you felt only as old as Bryan when you were out there.

Looks fabulous.