Friday, October 26, 2007

Phew - It's good to be home!

Phew, now I'm home after another evening of helping Pat with the cake and costume for tomorrow's party. That's tiring after a busy day in the office!!!

When I arrived there, they had just left (like 10 minutes) and I wondered why Belle was not howling at the door. Well I found out lickety split after putting her out on the leash! Yep, she was ticked that they went out in the evening and just showed them that's a no no by reaching till she grabbed the smallest cake, ripping the plastic to shreds AND eating all the chocolate chip chocolate cake that was to be the SPIDER, with barely a crumb left for evidence. Just lucky the other big cake was too far back and she couldn't snag it OR I arrived before she could!!! No I didn't punish her, and she knew she was bad, I just left her outside which she hates when you're inside - very spoiled dog!!! So now tomorrow Pat has to bake another cake and at least the decorating looks easy enough for her to handle it herself.

So when she got back home, we tackled the base cake with purple and orange icing and I freehanded a web on top and she'll attach ALL SORTS candy around for smaller spiders and hopefully the larger spider tomorrow. It's in the fridge and we've warned Amanda not to throw anything into the fridge when she comes home late too!!!

Then we tackled that snake costume and I must say it's turned out pretty good. I was too tired to finish it all but it's just to tack the straps to hold the coils in place around and to hang over Byran's shoulders, so Pat said she'll finish it tomorrow. I told her if it's too much to call me - will see. So here's a picture Byran took of me sewing the fangs onto the head and also one I took after he'd gone to bed and I had finished attaching the head to the coiled body. I think it looks pretty good.






Ohhh and I got seranaded again tonight when Byran practiced his piano for me, which he thought he'd get away with - Ha Ha Ha!!!

No comments: