Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Hardanger Class

Ohhhhh I just love this stitching but I guess I'm just too tired after working to really appreciate the finesse of this unique embroidery. Oh well I'll just keep following instructions and just enjoy the beauty created and someday maybe the info will stick in my brain. Let's hope!

Anyways, this year I've decided to make Father Christmas and had picked up on my sale jaunts a ceramic head and it's perfect for this project! WOW! So I've decided on a soft brown or tan robe and so far completed the Klosters and Buttonhole stitches along the bottom and tonight I started working on the cable and Blackwork stitches (not sure I like this though - hope I catch on soon). We've a couple of weeks break as Carolyn (Mrs. Twitchett's Eye) is away to Toronto for a show/conference so I've lots of homework including starting on the deep wine cape with glitter gold decorative stitches to do before she returns. YIKES, hope I can deal with it! She did say I was creative so thought I could handle it - hope I can stand up and be counted on then.

I really really really want to have this project finished with the class instructions so I don't forget and then never have him for display (not like my other class projects in various stages of progress)!

No comments: