Wednesday, October 24, 2007

CQ Block is DONE!!!!

OH MY, OH MY, OH MY, I'm all a twither here today - what a busy night and so full of so many HIGHS for me!!! I'm so close to tears and don't know what to write on first!!!! Well first off here is Adeline's email upon receiving her CQd block today and I only mailed it yesterday at NOON!!!! Talk about service! And OHHHH I so wanted to be a fly on the wall when it arrived with camera in hand!

"OH my I just picked up my mail and what a surprise, I can't believe it.

It's wonderful, I have it pinned on the wall right here by my computer, my sister was just here and saw it, OOOHHH did she like it, Julie doesn't do any fancy work just plain quilting as she calls it.

Marg is coming over later and what a surprise I have to show her.

Now I REALLY have to finish this one I have.

SSSOOO many thanks, Adeline"

Okay, so here are the pictures of the block swap I participated in the CrazyQuilters-CA group - the block I stitched from fabrics Adeline provided along with a few of my plainer silks and embellished with trims provided along with ones from my stash.

Now I have to say that I'd been working on this baby since the end of August/beginning of September and I just finished it Oct. 21st. Needless to say that various friends, family and naturally co-workers have watched this block bloom and all had the same question "How the heck can you send this away - KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF!" Yep I chuckled, thanked them for the compliment and said well I can because I know I'll be getting a block back one of these days and hopefully I'll be as pleased (probably goofier more so) when I open it.

Okay you want to see the pictures, enough gabbing!!! Sorry that some of these are slightly blurry but I tried a few times! Here is the "nakkid" crazy patch pieced block.



Starting of embellishments with Q-snaps frame.



Halfway embellished - Oct. 4th




My spider siggie usually on all CQ blocks I make.

My first attempt at a stitched scene and I'm pleased. Oh and that pink peony (silk ciggie from Judy R) is trapunto stitched but hard also to photograph.

And here is another filler flower design along with my SRE butterfly.

I love making these Abalone shell angels too and see the mother of pearl birdie button top left corner!

And here's another free-hand stitched filler flower of goldenrod stems with a treasure find butterfly (sort of mother of pearl like finish).


This shows how I attached the antique like cotton lace and also more filler flowers.

And I gave up on trying to photograph the centre dark design - basically all SRE embellished on the fabric print. And the white fabric is supposed to be embroidered seaweed and one of my embroidery books shows repeating the same stitch but with beading - so I tried it out and kinda like it!

OKAY and here is the completed block - Oct. 21st - mailed out noon Oct. 23rd and Adeline received it early today - the 24th - WOW!


5 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

See we told you she'd LOVE IT!!!
Its FABULOUS - You did a LOVELY job!!!

Linda Mullen said...

Wow, that turned out very nice.

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice Rose Anne. Love the embroidery!!!!!!!
Debbie

NormaH said...

Super, dooper job dear heart!
Huggies

Faye said...

Hey, what a hard block to work with... you have done a great job with it, it's lovely.
cheers - Faye