Sunday, July 08, 2007

Family Weekend

PHEW I really can't stand the heat, especially in a non-AC vehicle!!! I also don't know how my sister copes with just fans in her house as I had it all to my (well with the cats too) for the weekend (no cooking either) and I was thankful for a cool shower before retiring for the night!!!

Another nephew got married and on 07/07/07 and I didn't realize the date at all until we were at supper and someone mentioned it and I thought HUH!!! DUH me!!! I'll blame it on the heat.

Anways my dear old Dad last minute changed his mind and decided to join us - which made my sister Marlene (groom's Mom) very happy! It was quite some chore pushing his wheelchair over the rutted farm yard and up/down the hill depending on the festivities. See they had the ceremony down near the wooded lake (we call it a slew) and then the supper/dance tent was up near the house along with portables set up on the outskirts. Now before you go WHAT! the invitations said "casual dress" welcome - even this bridal party was more casual than most.







Here's Sylvia (the oldest) with Dad. Honest they are both wide awake and smiling!!! Hey, towards the end of the evening they had a receiving line and I pushed Dad to the platform and he got up and then lifted the chair up for him to sit and NOPE, he want the chair to push and walk. Okay, so I handed it over and you know what he did???? They were playing a Kulamyka (Ukrainian dance) that he used to love to dance to and there he was (93 years old) using the wheelchair for support and stomping his feet and smiling to beat the band - he'd stop and catch is breath, move up in the line with my sisters etc and do it again! Yep I took a picture but not sure how it turned out - gotta get the prints made ASAP!

They had fogged the night before and again in the morning plus they had a mosquito trapper going too, so it was quite confortable until about 10:00 pm when I noticed they were biting even with bug spray on so we bundled Dad up and headed for home. That I must say was a first for me, where all the wedding was in the home yard and this was out in the boonies too! LOL!

No comments: