Thursday, July 02, 2009

My update

Over the past few months I've been battling some inner demons and high anxiety levels which have played major havoc on my work and personal life to the level of searching for some outside help. One can only "dump" on one's family and friends for minor incidents but something ongoing is not fair. At least I don't think so. But as I've found out shutting them out and trying to deal with this on my own is not acceptable either - where's that happy medium???

Okay, this past week or two I've noticed an easing of the tension etc within me and thought YEAH maybe just maybe things might be getting better? Even my niece mentioned my voice was more like me this week! Well it didn't last long!!! That was early Tuesday and by the time I finished reading some emails that evening I was a mess all over again and it had nothing to do with me! I've been told many a time to leave the groups that do this to me, but I do have many friends in them from all over and it's a shame that a small handful mess it up!

So there I was trying to regroup before driving to Dauphin Canada Day for a short vacation with Dad etc but not successfully. Then I naturally picked the wrong weekend as traffic to the Dauphin Country Fest was outrageous and the highway was covered in campers and trailers and speeders - YIKES!!! I'm hoping to leave before they start their exodus back home, will have to check to see when it's over.

As for my Dad, he's doing as good as he can, being weak and 95 too. He's enjoying having me here to cook for him and run errands etc. My sister is redoing her house siding so they are busy but I'm enjoying their BBQd evening meals that is for sure.

No comments: