Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Now for my HIGHS!!!

All I can say is usually things don't fall into place for me like this so at lunch time I went out and bought a lottery ticket - hey you can't win without one!!!

Well workwise, all I can say is I made lots of headway finally and was pleased to have my very late Yearbook on it's final stage and hopefully next week on it's way to the printer - PHEW!!! And today I started another major project and it's progressing well too. So YES a good day workwise!!!

Then I met Pat (my niece) and went over there to assist her with Byran's Halloween Party preparations and enjoy a lovely supper with them too. Yummie, thank you very very much - BBQ chicken breasts, oven roasted potatoes and corn!!! Well we started a scratch cake that on Friday we'll decorate as a purple and orange base and a big sprinkle covered spider with All Sorts candy spiders around the base - looks easy and appropriate. So they are now in the freezer.

We then attempted the "snake" costume (now I had major reservations on this one) and all I can say is she's got guts as I'd have just gone and bought him one!!! She'd picked up a dryer hose (stretches out 10 feet) and we cut up her old brown trench coat (I said he should just go as Sherlock Holmes but no such luck) and sewed a tube to cover that hose and stapled the ends securely. Then I cut one sleeve and she stitched it to a point for the tail, stuffed it and pinned it in place to the end - looks good. Then I cut off the back overflap and she stitched it closed for the head with the red felt split tongue sticking out. We've yet to make two white fangs and stitch them on. Then Pat cut out a Sunlight soap bottle yellow eyes and glued on red dots for the centre eye and VOILA head's ready for stuffing on Friday. So our next step is to get the kid to stand still while we wrap and pin in place the coils and then position the head and tail appropriately. I figured out to make like straps from the belt etc at the top so it sits over his shoulders to keep it up and on and now she's sooooo excited as it's the first one she's pulled off so well. Yes, Auntie will have pics of it on Friday and also from the party Saturday evening and another BBQ me thinks!!!!

THEN I come home and my sister Sylvia calls and asks why I haven't checked my emails!!! SHEESH I wasn't home my dear! LOL! Anyways, it's been a few days that she's been without her PC as she hit the ALT key while in an email and POOF it went bye bye and she then could not read anything at all, frustrated she shut down. I tried to help but was lost without the screen viewing but gave her some suggestions along with leaving it for a day or two which her neighbour suggested also. That she did and today logged on again and had to wait patiently for the download of emails and VOILA all was okay again! GOSH I'm so glad as it's hard to get help out when you're not in a major centre etc. So she's a happy camper again and I'm totally relieved too as when I visit her we can play instead of fight to get her back up again.

THEN I read another email and my friend Dale Anne has lucked into some freebie threads and it's like Christmas or winning a lottery for her as she's an artsy quilter that goes through lots of thread! I'm so happy for her!!!

SHEESH I can't believe today! I'm still a whirling in my brain and my heart a racing - hope I don't crash tomorrow!!!

No comments: