Saturday, July 14, 2007

At Linda's

WELL I'm sure glad that Jonathan is not a fussy eater cause I'd be having canipshuns trying to make meals! So much easier just looking after oneself - LOL! The first night we had frozen pizza - right up my alley! The other day I thought I was pulling out ground beef and instead I think it was minute steak or something like that but still grilled made great hamburgers. We cleaned up the salad greens and now onto veggies! Today I looked for chicken pieces and could not find any - tonnes of steak but I'm a lousy steak cooker - so this time I found the ground hamburger. So I made meatloaf and found some young potatoes, so marinade them and onions in Italian dressing and threw both dishes into the oven at the same time. WOW the smell was to die for and I could barely wait for the timer to go to dish out along with miked carrots!

Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed the meal even if I skipped the gravy (which I'm lousy at) but Jonathan said he ate his meatloaf plain so PHEW!!! And I like mine with ketchup! Hmmm now we have just enough meatloaf for sandwiches for lunch tomorrow and then to find something for supper again! I had to chuckle as last nights supper I got the comment of "I sure miss Patrick's homemade fries!" - see he had already asked if I knew how to use the electric deepfryer and I VETOD that idea lickety split! ROFLOL - poor deprived teenager!!!

Well today I skipped out for a couple of hours to check out Quilt as Desired's sidewalk sale as they had buy 3 FQs and get 1 free, 7 FQs and 3 free etc etc and buttons, laces, elastics, zippers etc at 90% off. I could not pass that up at all!!! So I came outta there with some quill tape to wrap my embroidery hoops, tonnes of fancy buttons for crazy patch (and I mean tonnes) and then off to Fabricland for some Mettler poly threads at 65% off for my postcards, but the FlexiFirm was only 20% so will wait for the 50% and hope it's soon as I've lots of postcards to finish off and I'm just about OUT again!!!! I think I'll have to buy like 2 or 3 metres this time.

Oh and today my youngest sister phoned and she's in the city so I'm meeting her for coffee as soon as her grandchild she's visiting goes to bed. So a lovely day so far! GOSH it's LOVELY not having that part time job to interfere with my weekends!!! Okay guess I better get off this thing and back to my postcards or they won't get finished tonight and I definitely want to start sewing the quilt blocks tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Dale Anne Potter said...

Well, if he was a fuzzy eater....he'd be starving if I was supposed to cook for him!!!
My kids were always taught to eat what was on the table.....