Saturday, February 10, 2024

Catchup. - Jan 25th-Feb 10th

Jan 25th

Thank you Adele for once again sprucing me up and switching my part on me again. I love this option!!!



My next Sashiko project! Relaxing my hip, feet up, with hockey and handwork.


Jan 27th

Finally I've found a lighter weight jacket with a hood AND a two way zipper, for ease of sitting!!! Now to try it out tomorrow on my girls' walk tomorrow!!! Got it from Excell Clothing on St. Anne's (leftovers supposedly from Costco but marked down. My tag said $79.99 and got it for $56 @ 30% off, $62.72 with taxes! AWESOME!!!


Jan 29th

A Learning Experience!!! Thank you Edna!!!


Edna showed Sylvia and she took over!


I stirred the cooking of the prunes and the assembly.

Looks yummy!!!



Yummy!

Oooohhhhhh how I miss this look from 2019, BUT not the time to style or weight on my head!!!


Jan 30th

Talk about yummy Greek food at Taverna Rodos Restaurant and Lounge and nice ambiance to carry on a conversation! Thank you Aruna!!!


Jan 31st

Good morning! A beautiful start to my day at 8am.


Feb 3rd

Well the blocks were finished a while ago, I've plans for the layout and borders so hopefully I'll get to it shortly!!! This one will be mine and quilted my Night Owl Quilting & Dye Works.



Feb 4th

So it was another private retreat at Sylvia's but this time Edna was not up to par so stayed home. We had homestyle mushroom barley soup and tea biscuits for lunch. Supper was Mongolian Beef frozen package and fresh stir fried veggies with brownies and yogurt for dessert.  

So my project was raw edged applique of Hearts Entwined placemat enlarged for a table centre by Nancy Halverson in her Love is Art to Heart booklet.  Sylvia reduced blocks and runner size of the Heart of the Home pattern by Jackie Robinson in 2024 McCall's Quilting to 5.25" squares and Pat kept to the 8" squares for her runner. All are awesome.




Talk about thread chicken 
 race, just finished all the machine applique.

My top finished.

Sylvia's top finished.

Pat's in progress.

Concentrating!!!

Pat's top finished!

My baby finished except for the quilting!

Interesting!!!


Feb 5th

So here is my quilted heart table topper and mug rugs from the cut outs.
WOW!!! I just realized this is probably a FIRST for me (at least I'm assuming this) but a total of 3 days from finding fabrics to finished quilting for a new project!!!


Feb 6th

Okay I had sewn together the cut off HSTs from various 2020 projects and designed this top for my second MPQ ABC NICU coverlet back in Sept 2023. I finally sandwiched the two layers, flannel backed, and quilted with light mauve Glide thread today.


The apple core coverlet was completed Jan 15/2024 but today the label was attached.


Finally another UFO completed, hope next I can quilt one of the sandwiched quilts sitting around!!!

Feb 7th

Now that I've finished off a small UFO yesterday, I'm going to play some with a new Sashiko sampler I picked up from Keystone Modern Creative the other day! I had wanted this for awhile but various online places were charging high shipping plus some duty too! Nope not gonna do it! Then I dropped by the shop and VOILA it was there!!! 


Guess that'll be my first stop next time. There's another one I want, maybe it'll show up there too!

Feb 8th

Here is Sylvia's quilted table runner from Sunday's sewing. I just love it!


Feb 9th

Today was a quiet day. I slept in but did my exercises before heading over to Sylvia's. I picked up her two ABC donation quilts she was guiding her friend into quilting and also worthwhile donations too!


She was happy that she had tackled this difficult puzzle herself and when I arrived we both finished the demon off!!! It took us about a month off and on to complete this one. I was going to glue it onto a board but then decided not to, I'll frame the print instead for my sewing room!  



Now I'm home, packed up my machine etc for ACQ sewing day tomorrow and cutting out the latest two mystery block pieces. Then feet up!

Yeppers!!!


Feb 10th

Dang it!!!!! I was not feeling myself last night BUT thought I was cutting my HSTs right for today's ACQ sewing day! NADA!!! I cut the smaller HSTs 2" strips instead of 2.5" and didn't bring my fabrics so can't sew up blocks 11 and 12 as planned. Lucky I brought my HSTs cut off to sew up smaller ones! At least I can keep sewing! Some day I'll have another NICU coverlet or maybe a wall hanging for myself!




No comments: