Saturday, February 10, 2024

Catchup - Jan 15th-23rd

Jan 15th

I'm relaxing bodywise after the quilting retreat weekend today but my mind is a whirling with the 2024 PFA postcard swap topics. Yes I've chosen my months/topics and even jotted down my ideas for each! Hopefully they turn out as planned.

So January is "Paris" and you know I've recently been there, so that was an easy one for me, especially after finishing the set of "Take me to Paris" placemats January 8th, 2023! Coincidence??? So my idea is prepped ready for embellishing.



Jann 16th

Today was a visit with Sylvia, some puzzle time and then to finish off my PFA swap postcard. I used 2 strands of floss to embellish the Eiffle Tower, the words and the outlined flower. I was debating cutting off the "Take me to" and the butterfly/flower on the right to make it fit postcard 4 x 6" size. Sylvia liked it as is, so I'm going to do my first 5 x 7" postcard to swap. Hope it'll be okay for mailing as is, but will also take an envelope just in case so it'll go undeterred.


Jan 17th

Right on!!!  Thank you Susan!!!


Jan 18th

This is a good idea for those with harvested trees.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/9Z9oNgWpodfBTN7Q/?mibextid=jaSYs6



Well I decided I wanted lunch out and checked with Sylvia who suggested Southdale Village Family Restaurant - great I wanted their veggie skillet muchly!!! YUMMY! Then after a few errands around there we were back to Sylvia's and finished off that difficult puzzle. As you can see we were looking for different shades initially but then followed the puzzle. Now it's back in her Common Room and next will be my Crazy Quilted puzzle! Soon!!!


Jan 21stt

Hmmm guess these tiny leaves got up here from those strong wind gusts yesterday that also had my bathroom rooftop fan flap just a flapping and squealing! But I wonder where they got carried away from?




Jan 23rd

While out on errands I came across a fairly new shop and wished I'd had more time to browse. Oh well I did enough damage in the short time I was inside. She's also speer heading this market for handmade vendors.  




https://www.pitawminomuskiki.ca/   

Then off to Sylvia's for a couple hours on my puzzle from hell!

Then once home I completed my PFA Swap fabric postcard. I used scraps from my January 2023 Take me to Paris placemats (still a WIP). Then over embroidered the Eiffel Tower to the colour they were painting it to when I visited in July. Then outlined the large flower and letters. Sylvia suggested I fill in Paris and I've decided I really liked that idea! She also said to leave it 5x7" instead of my usual 4x6" size I work with. I hope the recipient likes it as much as I do!



WOW!!!  It didn't last long!



During tonight's ZOOM with Melissa's sewing/chatting group I finally finished off blocks 9 and 10 of ACQ mystery BOM.


No comments: