Thursday, February 16, 2023

Catchup - Feb 8th-13th

Feb 8th

Not even Tylenol, a nap nor coffee is working as a pick me up!  It's not going to be an easy day for dogs or me!  But they are quiet so maybe they know!


Well went or a short walk with sunglasses, beautiful out, but didn't work!  But did get some crazy pics!  Baking a Safeway flatbread pizza and see if happy food works!  Glad I've not any appointments today!






Another day arrives, so here's Block 8 of the 52 Scrappy Triangles by Leila Gardunia.  Well first I had to sort my mess of batiks by size and hopefully easier to find the next piece in future.  Wonder how long that will last?  Links in previous posts.



Today was a bad start, headache, achy body and jusy BLAH!!!  But here's Block 3 (actually 2 same blocks but one dark and one light for the small quilt) for the Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet finally complete.  Again I had to redo one for each block, what the heck did I do sub-cutting that set!  At this rate I may run out of one or two materials!  Hope not!  But at least I felt up to the sewing without issues once those two pieces fixed up!




Feb 9th

My daily batik "6 Inch Scrappy Triangles" project.  The foundation pieces can be found 

https://www.leilagardunia.com/blog/year-of-scrappy-triangles










Here's Block 4 (actually 2 same blocks but one dark and one light for the small quilt) for the Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet completed.  I sure like those paint spots, wish I could remember where I bought them!!!  Again I had to redo one for each block, what the heck did I do sub-cutting that set!  🤔🙃🫨




Feb 10th

WOW the crew tries to get out the door in the morning enmasse sometimes treading over my toes and twice now forcing the door open before I've totally turned open it!  You'd think they'd not been out for days!  Then back in the same way to get fed!  SHEESH!  I'm not quite awake for such activities!

BUTTTT the sunrise sure was beautiful!  My own kind of paradise, at least a few minutes worth!!!


I like this one!!!


After feeding the dogs, I headed over to St. Vital and saw this changing sky, so pulled into the park along the river for  these shots.  Talk about fast changing light!  Then over to get acquainted with Simba before looking after him next week, it's been a long time.  

Not sure if it was the chipping away of the ice buildup under the garage door or the two up and down the basement stairs there or both together, but my hip is screaming and I'm limping!  Whimpy!!!!!




Feb 11th

OK Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet error is rippit out, my car is washed and polished and I'm fed!  Let's see if I can sew according to instructions now!!!


Here's Block 5 (actually 2 same blocks but one dark and one light for the small quilt) for the Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet completed after major wrong fabric placements on the red block.  Again I had to redo one for each block, what the heck did I do sub-cutting that set!  🤔🙃🫨




I love this one!!!


Here's Block 6 (actually 2 same blocks but one dark and one light for the small quilt) for the Block-A-Day Mystery Quilt Along with Melissa Marginet completed after running short on one fabric and some extra piecing on the red block.  Again I had to redo one for each block, what the heck did I do sub-cutting that set!  🤔🙃🫨




Here is Day 12 TIAS completed, a small step but I ripped it out twice before emailing for help!  Not sure if this is right but I'm not undoing it again or for sure I'll cry!!!  Too frustrating for some reason, must not be in the mood?  We're working on the head and I'm guessing maybe glasses, mask or large rimmed eyeballs to this creature, maybe a Ninga Turtle!  😉



Feb 12th

I LOVE sunflowers!!!


Hmmmm this TIAS has made me work to get these mystery steps to look like Jane's or kinda!  We've one more step and I'm thinking a Ninga Turtle or alien like someone mentioned!


Feb 13th

OMGG!!!  Here is another major UFO from my down under trip in 2015!  I KNOW I've more to stitch yet than has been stitched!



Ohhhh what a busy day again!  Unpacked last night then this morning after a sleep in, repacked again before heading to my embroidery tester class!  Today I learnt more about Casalguidi embroidery especially long woven picots (similar to the tatting version but not as stressful on my hand) even rolling one into a rosebud!  

Then loaded the car and off to Simba "the Lion" (my version to his name) and relaxing after all the back n forths.  WOW even was greeted by a deer walking across the river between open areas or is that ice!  Glad I've My Shaw and WIFI as they don't have too many sports channels, so Stingray Jukebox Oldies on TV and my tablet has hockey!!!






So regal looking!

Till nap time!



3-D embroidery 


No comments: