Thursday, February 16, 2023

Catchup - Feb 14th-15th

Feb 14th

Happy Valentines Day to family and friends!


Okay the start to our outing was lovely with Sylvia and Edna!  We drove to Selkirk to pick up her quilt from Lori Suss, Night Owl Quilting, and we all love it!  Now to get the label done and she'll bind it in time for the quilt show!  

We stopped into Mama Bear's and she's closing the Selkirk store I think this weekend.  I only picked up a couple items even though 25% off sale.  Had lunch at the Riverboat, which I like the atmosphere better than Roxie's but Edna likes the food selection better at Roxie's, maybe next time!  We stopped into Cedar House Quilting and I found a few batiks for my project before heading into the city for coffee and muffins, thanks to Sylvia's Tim's GC, and it was just starting to snow.  Dropped them off before meeting Florence n Wayne n friend at Boston Pizza for supper.  Then me back to Simba and them to the Jets game!

WELLLLLLL, when I stepped out it was horrible frigid winds and blowing snow!  I avoided Bishop Grandin as per the radio and got here via St Vital Park safe n sound.  YOWSERS!!!


So today, which started off very mild, was the end of 2023 TIAS "Our Alien", which was one of my guesses back on Day 7.  And he definitely looks "alien" to me in my Lizbeth size 20, colour 167 variegated Jungle Greens, I used shuttles.  BUTTTT this day ends with unexpected blizzard like conditions, especially to me!  I've participated in various TIASs of Jane's and usually enjoy them!  Some steps stump me more than I like, my dragon was just finished recently!!!  AND I have one "the frog" still not finished, once I locate him in one of my tatting bags, I'll finish him off!



Feb 15th

And here is Jane's comment before posting the incoming Aliens!

"Wednesday, 15 February 2023  - More aliens arriving.  Before I start on today’s aliens I’d like to share a few facts with you.  Rose Anne guessed an alien on Day 7 (26th January) and Hallie and Kerstin guessed on day 12 (10th February).  Well done to these three ladies - specially Rose Anne.  I’m very impressed with your ability to read my BC3!!!!"

http://tatitandsee.blogspot.com/?m=1

Well I'm sure not used to nature's bounty right out my bedroom windows!   One napping just past the deck maybe 15 feet away?  2 hours later they are still out there but thinning out!  And Simba napping in the sunshine too!





Bright!


Finally I've caught up on these HSTs.



I totally forgot to post my fresh look this afternoon.  Thank you Adele for taming the wild mess!!!  



Afterwards I visited Sylvia to pass an hour between appointments before heading back to feed Simba and let the guy into the sunroom for awhile.  

OHHH then off to Angela and Bruce's for their scrumptious roast turkey/cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes/gravy, orange glazed carrots and kale salad!  Dang they are awesome Cooks!!!!  For dessert she had my favourite, lemon meringue pie!  AND I even have take home too!  Thank you both for the supper, visit and awesome company!!!!  💞💞💞

No comments: