Sunday, November 20, 2022

Catchup - Nov 4th-10th

Nov 4th

What a beautiful but slightly chilly day!  The Forks is busy but outside is empty!  Are there post Halloween ghosts etc around I don't know about?  I'm going to enjoy myself until I don't!  Brought my digital book to read too!



I lasted to 2:50 then went inside to the comfy chairs on the second floor to finish my beverages.



Nov 5th

Beautiful again but DAMN that wind!!! So I picked up Sylvia, Edna was out of town, and we cruised the Dakota Craft Sale. I bought a few gifts and for myself, Sylvia enjoyed looking etc. Then I took her to the St Vital Library where she learned how to search for books by name and topic, found two at another library and reserved them for pickup here. She thinks she can do this herself now, yes she jotted instructions down too! 💞

Then to Southdale Family Restaurant for lunch and very brief shopping as my hip and ankle were bothering me. So now home and feet up!

Nov 6th

WOW, WOW,WOW!!!  I love this idea!

I'm going to measure my inside window frame and get a tension bar so I can do this with my special ornaments amongst favourite balls.  Yep good idea!

Oh oh guess it'll be happening to us soon too! Watching curling from Calgary, snow covered, and now Sioux Lookout too! West and East of us! Yep we'll be hit anyday! Ummmm like maybe today starting?




I love my hair today, didn't do anything special!!! Thank you Sylvia for the lovely backdrop and taking my picture.


Hmmm now Ethelbert has snow!!!

Hey 5ish it started here and 6:30ish this is it out the window of Santa Lucia (in the commeents)!

Nov 7th

Another lovely hanger for the wall or window!


Nov 8th

Yesterday I walked a bit to get some lunch and saw this nest for the first time. It's real close to the sidewalk plus maybe waist high! Wonder who built this fist sized nest and if any eggs hatched?




Nov 9th

Maybe not this colour but an awesome idea! Wonder if the new pullout mechanism is part of the shelves?

Nov 10th

I figured these type of posts are fake, too good to be truly true!!!!


WOW finally I've completed the first tatting order, using the Late Winter Snowflake by Robin Perfetti, hopefully they'll be starched today/tomorrow and into the mail Saturday. Five have clear beads, four soft coloured beads and two test ones I'll keep.

Then onto the tardy PFA fabric landscape postcard and into the mail Monday!

Then I've another Angels tatting order along with poppy hot mats to finish off this month.

AND then I've my own tatting and quilting projects to finish off before Christmas! 

YOWSERS!!!!

Okay, guess I should have checked the weather before heading out this evening! I left 6:15ish in light drizzle, downtown no snow. By the time I got to Jubilee and Osborne snow was falling and further south on St Mary's the more snow and blowing! I visited for just over an hour off Britannica and walked out into a good inch everywhere and piles on my car!!! AND no brush yet inside so shorty here had to reach on tip toes to clear off my car before leaving. Yep it's started for Winnipeg now too!




No comments: