Monday, September 07, 2020

Sept 1st-6th

 Sept 1st

Thank you Cindy for posting this!  I'd not seen it before so am very happy to repost!  

I need to clarify why today, August 31st 2020, I decide to wear a face mask.  Seriously, I don't understand the uproar about wearing a mask.  Everyone has their own opinion, this is mine: - are you wearing your seatbelt in the car? 

- do you wear a helmet while riding on a motorcycle? 

- do you wear your life jacket on a boat? 

- in restaurants do you still smoke? 

- are you wearing your seat belt on an plane? 

These things are mandatory!  But wearing a mask is a dictatorship???? 

When I wear a mask in public and in stores, I want you to know that: 

🔵 I'm educated enough to know that I can be asymptomatic and still give you the virus. 🔵 No, I don't live in fear of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution and not the problem. 

🔵 I don't feel like ′′the government is controlling me". I feel like an adult contributing to the security of our society and I want to teach others equally. 

🔵 If we could all live with a little more attention to others, the world would be a better place. 

🔵 Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or even “controlled". This makes me considerate of the situation and also of others! 

🔵 When you think about your appearance, your discomfort or the opinion that others have of you, imagine there is a father, mother, daughter, son, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, a friend or neighbor in the hospital on a ventilator and intubated. They are completely alone, without any family members being allowed to approach their bed to be with them and hold their hand. 

🔵 Ask yourself if you could have helped them at least a bit, maybe by wearing a mask. 

Be part of the solution!

Aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!  💞💞💞  My friend's daughter's llama!

Sept 2nd

Absolutely beautiful bench my friend Jane from Stratford upon Avon posted today!  Just had to share!  Thank you Jane!  💞💞💞




Hmmmmm!

Well after $160 grocery shopping spree after maybe 3 weeks at least I decided I'd better cook some supper!  Zuchinni, mushrooms, baby bok choy and shrimp!  Yummy!

OMGG Michelle sent me this one!  I know a few who might want this BUT I'm not sewing any of them!!!

Sept 3rd

RIP Len, my brother-in-law! 

 I'm very sad you are gone from us all, but also am relieved that you are now free of the pain and aging woes you've encountered these past years!  Hopefully now you'll be enjoying your outdoors life and at peace!  I'll miss you muchly!!!  💞💞💞

Finally I've caught up on last week's orders. Just Adele's to sew up and Angela's family masks to cut out and work on between scrub cap orders and pet sittings.


Ohhhhhh ohhhhhh just not fair after that disgustingly hot summer!!!!!!

Sept 4th

Finally my kind of summer weather to enjoy our Boardwalk jaunt!  Gotta get one more in this fall with a picnic lunch, Edna's suggestion!


Total opposite of the August long weekend when this was wall to water packed with blankets and people! 








Algae opposite side of boat launches in the Marina. 





Edna and I finally get to have our pan fried pickeral at Seagulls Restaurant in Gimli!  Ohhhh nothing better than fresh air, sunshine, of course the water, friends and delicious food on the patio! 




Then a walk around and visit with Jacqui at Sandy Hook Trailer Park before stopping in at Birds Hill at Colleen's to drop off the last masks order and get some garden fresh veggies! Thank you Colleen!

Dang could have used this tip years ago!!!!!

Sept 5th

OKAY this is totally what I need!!!!  Come on Lotto Max pick my ticket please, pretty please!!!!!

Sept 6th

Ohhhhh it's so sad to hear that my so special cat friend, Hamish, has succumbed to his health concerns!  He was so sweet and no matter my allergies he still wanted his lap times!  And the odd times not short like other cat friends, sometimes till my legs numbed! ❤🐾❤🐾❤🐾❤  

HUGS to Nancy and Stefan! 💞💞💞

Nancy's photo

It's hard getting a good pic in this position! 

Well I'm taking a week or two break from mask sewing, now that I've finished off Adele's preorders and extras.  I definitely have to finish off the August scrub cap order this week, especially if I'll be going to Dryden 21st-25th.  And orders are still coming in, but at least 2 weeks before delivery/pickup. Relaxing tonight!


Two whites are Adele's masks.

OMGG I didn't think of this!

No comments: