Sunday, September 06, 2020

Catchup - Aug 24th-31st

Aug 24th

Ohhhh I remember breakfast with Vivienne my first day in Perth AUST!  AWESOME!!!!!


Ohhhhh it was awesome out on the deck earlier, dogs scouted the yard, and I dozed off until the dogs came onto the deck!  Love the partially screened in privacy tent!  Back inside we went!  WOW!!!

Ahhhhh this is so cute! Jake periodically glances at the TV, watching the Jays along with me!!!! 

Then he switched and is watching me hand stitching! Sure he's thinking when can I join in!



Aug 25th

Ahhhh Angie look what just popped out! Dang I miss all my heavenly pets!!!!  Guess this was not the morning for this memory to pop up!  😥😥😥

Well my first time swap postcard The Orient is on it's way today to Marian in Portugal in a plastic sealed sleeve!  I sure hope it arrives sooner than later!  I chose the Ginkgo leaf because of it's symbolism to Japan and also because of the tenacity of six trees to survive the bombing of Hiroshima when other trees and plants perished!



All applique completed.

My inspiration!

Finished postcard.

My computer generated back. 
Lots neater than my writing or printing with a marker! 

Hmmmmm!


Aug 26th

Yummy chicken and sweet potatoes for supper, no wine today!  Will have dessert and iced coffee at Tim's after our walk!

Aug 27th

Well started on the backlog of orders Tuesday and have one order ready for delivery and working on some for Adele in between orders!



I like the humor and honest advice!


Aug 28th

It's been a busy day thats for sure, just sat down with feet up!  First off sewed masks until 3ish then got ready for my walk with some of the "office" girls! 

Monika, Carolynn and I met at Janice's then headed out across Main to Scotia Street to Kildonan Park where we stopped at the Prairie Edge Restaurant for a lovely patio supper.  Then walked briefly around the creek for a garden photo shoot and back the scenic architectural Scotia Street back to Janice's, then home.  And talk about fluky, we stopped at Mo's Cottage, well this happens to be my friend Mary's own special friend that I've heard lots about!  WOW talk about a small world!!!  Here I mentioned mosquitoes haven't been bad lately, yeah well they found me and I've half dozen or so itchy bites!!! BUT it was awesome to visit with the girls! Thanks Monika for getting us motivated! 

Once home I finished off the last two larger mask orders so hopefully tomorrow I'll start on the remaining six orders, thankfully smaller.

Carolynn, myself, Janice and Monika.

I need longer arms!

Beautiful gardens. 

Love these coneflowers (echinacea).

Even I think this is an awesome tree and huge! 



I need a step stool!

Mo's reading room! 

I love it!!!!!  Morning coffee place? 

There's Mo in the background.  Jan's pic. 

Another of Jan's pics.  Thank you. 
And I lost that dang water bottle too! 

Crazy patch quilt or table runner?   WOW!!!



Aug 29th

Okay two days of sewing again yielded the second large order for my Dentist's girls, a smaller order for a teacher and size small ones for Adele or extras.




Then Angela invited me over for supper, garden cucs and dessert n coffee by the fire!!! I even tried BBQ roasted beets and had a second helping too!  She spoils me rotten with her excellent meals!  Thank you Angela and Bruce!

Angela's Covid relief saver garden! 



Zinnia? 


So cute!

Roast pork that drove me crazy!!!!!

Bruce and Angela 

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!
I was a piggy too, had seconds with all the fresh air lately! 

Now this is the LIFE!!!!!

Hmmmm not sure why I see a spaceship in the flames or is that a stingray?????   Good thing I had coffee after this!!!!!

This was what I was talking about the other day!  To many with no respect for another human being whether someone walking through the park or a person of authority or another's personal property!  This world is definitely going to pots!





Hey Angie I didn't know this either! 😉


WOW, I know some of you cat lovers may wish to use this cat alphabet!


I'm very happy to say I have known her before she became an exceptional fabric artist!


Ok this is it for today and part of tomorrow! Today I've completed two smaller orders plus four extras maybe.  So that means tomorrow morning I've 5 orders to drop off or deliver!



Aug 31st

Okay, I just snuck in under the wire and my Fringe Tatters exchange swap tatted item is winging it's way to Australia today!  Delivery is 2-3 weeks, so guess we'll see when the recipient posts it's arrival!  🤗🤗🤗  

My new lovely shuttles ordered from https://m.facebook.com/shuttlebydesign/

Butterfly Bookvine by Kimberly Donahue 


My time since mid-April has been inundated with mask and scrub cap sewing with the odd escape to my other hobbies but short lived!  Today I also have been delivering or were picked up 3 of the 4 mask sets completed lately!  While out and about, I saw my first LIVE bat here (small compared to those I saw with Merle and Jim in Australia), plus took pictures with #10s display!


So sad!


What a nice evening for a walk with Edna, except it sure cooled off early and fall is in the air!  This time we walked north on Kenaston from the Outlet Mall onto Taylor Ave West then onto Park Blvd S and West past some WOW properties.  Then met up with Cris who worked years ago at Ag Services UofM before heading back to Taylor then Shaftsbury to Sterling Lyon and back to the Outlet Mall.  AND we just crossed the train tracks maybe 5 minutes and a long train came along blocking the crossing! Lucky us!


No comments: