Monday, June 08, 2020

Catchup - May 28th - June 8th

May 28th

OH OH I pray I'm not burning out my old Kenmore machine!  I noticed a burning smell so stopped to check all opened windows and hallway, ZIPPO!  Back to sewing but it came back again!  So back to dismantling and cleaning again and it needed it again too!!! This time I flipped it over and opened the bottom and what a mouse nest of fluff so vacuumed that out and sure enough the smell was from the above so I oiled her too!  Will see if this helps!  I sure hope so as I don't want to sew masks on either of my new machines!  🤔

May 29th

WOW talk about catch up after taking Monday and Tuesday off mask sewing!  First a couple orders, then a number for Adele's shop and majority for A1 Nutrition.  I've still two orders, maybe a third yet to start on and probably some extras to have on hand?  But this weekend is accent pillow time first!!!

Orders

Doubles these for both shops, mediums.

A1 Nutrition, large. 

Today the other part of my BD gifts arrived!  So besides those emerald green Dreamlit tatting shuttles last week, my two Pandora stackable Multifaceted rings to match the silver one I bought in October in Mississaga, plus my precious Sparkle and Hearts ring arrived. LOVE them!



May 31st

Two orders are completed and now sewing yesterday's cut out accent pillows!  YEAH something different!!!


WOW what a lovely day!  Haven't walked much at all with my sore ankles/knees but drove over to Edna's and we walked to the Airport (forgot to set my tracker), had late lunch at Tim's before heading back! AWESOME!!!!  Even saw this huge jack rabbit with ears just as long as his body!  Long time seeing one of them!

This is the return trip,
so double this.

I think the steps walked is the whole trip as it's a separate counter in this app.

Mmmmmmm it sure smells yummy in here! I've pork chops plus a veggie dish of potatoes, carrots, onions, brussel sprouts and garlic baking!  Soon I'll enjoy!!!!
Delicious and refreshing wine too!


June 1st

Well my quilting was once again set aside yesterday to finish off a last minute request, not sure which will be chosen.  Maybe some extras too!





June 2nd

Okay, I've switched sewing machines from masks and worked on these fronts for accent pillows soon to become.  But for some reason my quilting is not behaving, so called it quits for tonight!  They are wider than I planned but I wanted to ensure the machinery fit!


June 3rd

What a lovely day for a walk but sure glad we went 10:30 am instead of afternoon.   Today I again met at Edna's and she guided us up Garbage Hill (sorry no phone so no pics this time), around and back down before heading to nearby Tim's for iced coffee.   So refreshing! We'll do this again and I'll track and take pics of the city from up there!  On the way home picked up groceries, made lunch and now I pray I can get my machine to quilt for me!!!!

OMGG!!!  This is like the machine my Mom had that I learnt to sew on BUT it was sold to the auctioneer before asking if anyone in the family wanted to buy it from Mom & Dad first - I was very upset when I found it gone!  Haven't seen one since, till this post!  🤩


YEAH YEAH YEAH, my sewing machine cooperated today after some practice time!  So I sandwiched the center strips together and then continued sewing up the fronts!  Enough for today!  Tomorrow will be the backs and then the pillow forms lastly!



June 4th

I've got to try this next shopping trip.  No Fog


Yesterday was a day I'd wish to redo!  Was going to start on the backs for the accent pillows when I realized because they turned out larger than previous ones, I didn't have enough!  Dang it!  So off to the shops again to maybe be lucky enough to get the same or similar!  No DICEROOIE!!! 

Then I get another special order for Adele's shop for summer weight masks minus filter pockets as her clients say they don't use filters. OK so set aside the Janome, brought up the Kenmore after shopping and sewed up 15 for her.  I think I'll make up a few for me and friends too!  Also try the two layers with the pocket at the top too.



June 5th

Yummy!  Kinda makes up a little for missing my BD fun!  Borscht, cheese toast and peach pie at Oakwood Cafe.



OMGG, I got on a roll and cut out 63 two layered masks with matching mask buddies. Nope I'm not going to sew them all up next, but maybe 20 at a time to drop off when finished. NOW though I wish whomever is breaking the washers lid locking mechanisms would smarten up.  This is the second time in three weeks and I hate running up and down trying to do laundry!



June 6th

Good to know!  Just Google the title in YouTube.


June 7th

Thank you Tina for sharing!  Ohhhh gosh after reading this I see mega headaches for teachers and other staff if that'll be the case!  YIKES!!!!







OK what's going on?  I've had headaches ongoing this weekend and not getting much sewing accomplished!  UGH!!!  Even Advil to the rescue and timely meals too!  😣⛈🤔

Okay finally worked on these in between dealing with a headache and prepping fabrics to finish off the accent pillows!  Not sure if what's happening outside is the cause or not. Well my nephew out Morris way just posted a video with lightning, I just screenshot it as it wasn't shareable.  Thanks Cam.

Large masks 

Medium masks 




June 8th

This was from a year ago and Hamish came outside to explore with me - but just for a bit then back inside he scurried!  I miss you and hope you and your family are staying safe and well!  Heck I miss all my fur babies, small n large!  OK I guess this headache has me down!!!!


I finished off the pillow tops today!  Looking good!  Tomorrow hopefully pillow forms sewn and stuffed!  Then they too can be delivered and another project completed!



No comments: