Thursday, June 18, 2020

Catchup - June 9th to 17th

June 9th

OMGG this was THREE years ago!  It felt like not long ago I was tatting up these hearts and planning the hanger!





June 10th

Now I know why I'm paranoid of going in the grass or wooded areas!  Twice I've had ticks removed and use repellent faithfully for reactions to mosquitoes bites and now for ticks too!


Thank you Edna and family for catching and sharing the Walleye!  My favourite, pan fried in margarine with mixed brown/wild rice and green beans!  I even mixed up tangy relish with mayo and not bad tartar like sause.  YUMMY!


It was a good day, that's for sure!  My pounding weekend headache is gone!!!  This morning I changed my plans for these accent pillows and SOOOO glad I did!  Then took my car in for a tie rod check as no miles to warrant usual oil change.  No change to tackle Winnipeg Honda for warranty work, so they'll keep an eye on it. Then home to finish off the accent pillows. 




Now relaxing with feet up!!!!  Tomorrow is errands day!!!!!

June 11th

YIKES, one would be too much for me!!!!  Two adult geese and 47 goslings!!!


https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/saskatoon-mama-goose-takes-care-of-47-goslings-1.5598994?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

What an awesome day!  First a trip to the lab for routine blood work, cafe there for chai latte and cranberry scone for reward.  Then Chiro visit, trip to the totally crazy Costco to pickup prescription n outta there and around to Lag to the Olive Garden to meet Dianne for an impromptu quick lunch!   Thank you sweetie! Then out to Birds Hill to Colleen's to drop off the pillows and masks she ordered before heading back to go for a walk with Edna down St. James and around to Garbage Hill on Empress and Wellington before heading home to relax!!!! 


North view


West view

South view

So windy kite flying was awesome!



Edna picked for her daughter!

Dang it was great to be rid of that weekend long pounding headache and actually out walking n smiling!

This I had just posted in my group, Postcard Fabric Art.

This is my first PFA Challenge - June 2020 - 1930s - and how appropriate too for me!  See I've a long involved love for 1930s fabrics which I've collected and used in my also love of miniature quilt making with my niece.  But that's not why I'm posting here!  In the past I've been part of three or four various postcard swapping groups.  Here are two examples. 

In 2007 in PC Cottage I participated in the 1930s swap and chose to use my favourite fabrics, embellished with seam embroidery, lace and even a tiny embroidered spider on the blue!  Even used the red background from the solids line of the same family of fabrics. Considering this is a rectangle, I skewed the fan some to fit.


Then in 2008 I made some extra postcards for gifting etc and the Victorian Hats were one set and this is the only one left.  I used satin for the underneath, velvet for the outside, fine zigzag to secure to the background, straight stitched the underside, embellished with embroidered French knots along the brim, with tulle backing for the feather, silk ribbon leaves and rose with ribbon trim decoration.  I tried to replicate a stuffed head form and added a tulle veiled face covering.  This all was a challenge but quite pleased with the turn out! 


Just a heads up that I also computer design my own backs (even with info for sending out etc). 




The assembly of fronts n backs are ironed onto two sided fusible compressed bonding (??? - a bit tricky to keep even) and then a close together narrow zig zag all around to anchor threads etc.  I do not cut sewing threads but switch to a closer stitch and slightly wider zigzag and cover the first round completely, snipping off beginning threads and with a needle burying the ends.  Now my trick to such clean zigzag edgings is the close stitches first go around and then closer a second round ALONGWITH ensuring at all times the needle is JUST off the edge of the postcard!   Practice, practice, practice!!!  🤗🤗🤗

WOW!!!  This is from the group's Admin!  Not sure what it means but I'm thrilled!   🤗🤗🤗


June 12th

Well I can now post my finished tatting as my Fringe Tatters exchange partner has received her gift!  I totally enjoy these exchanges and sometimes challenges too!  So naturally my no fail favourite Angel pattern by Wiki with a few changes and I also tried something new too! VEGA, an attractive glass cover pattern found in "Contemporary Tatting New Designs from an Old Art" by Judith Connors, which I dismantled a necklace that had the right amount of beads to embellish the bangle with. So here is the pearl one that I messed up on so it's mine, Ruth's glass beaded Angel and glass cover all in Lizbeth size 20 Gem Stone #325.




June 13th

Once found easy peasy after that!


June 14th

Well it was a quiet day, sewing up masks for three orders and some summer ones for Edna n Laurie and myself too!  Took a break and met Edna for a 4 km walk in her neighbourhood where we saw many bunnies of various sizes along with owners out doing yard work! 



Even chatted over the fence with a woman expressing my love of their yard decor, hubbies handiwork! 




Then back home to the masks and completed this largest order, delivery tomorrow!

June 15th

This is from last year!  I sure miss you two big loveable oafs!!!!!


June 16th

Yikes I'm not sure I'm one for outside the city walks much now!  I'm paranoid of ticks and seeing the posts on the Hiking Manitoba site stresses me!


OK it was a slow go yesterday and today but I did finish off another 3 orders!  Hopefully that's it for awhile.  I need to do something else!  

Jacqui n Carey's

Trying out before finalizing Smiley's

Darlene's order

Today I even made time to work on my MPQ applique BOM.  


I'm so far behind that I didn't get the required blocks finished for this month's deadline, so lost out on the larger centre block.  Oh well, I've 12 block patterns and that'll make a lovely wall hanging for me.  When finished that is!!!  So now relaxing tonight and tomorrow delivering masks plus lunch with Aruna, my friend and travel agent, and ending with an outdoor visit with Jacqui.  A MEEEEE day that's for sure!

How true!  Also I like to check the quality in person and not have to return if not satisfied.





June 18th

OHHHH OHHHHH OHHHHHHH what a lovely day!  First Felly from A1 Nutrition sent me a heads up that their sale of masks has slowed down and thanked me so beautifully for helping many in this pandemic alongwith a virtual hug!  Awesome, maybe more time for my own projects etc now! 

Then I finally started to install my AC only to find the screws to anchor did not fit, no wonder I didn't use the inner support last year and heard lots of vibration n movement in high winds!  So while out much needed clothes shopping I picked up the right size, then stopped briefly at Jacqui's to pick up my forgotten stuff from yesterday.  Then once home did laundry, installed and fired up the AC, and made my awesome supper!  


Yes I should have installed it a month ago!  Maybe I wouldn't have stubbed my middle toe, at least it's not broken!  So onto my MPQ applique BOM and relaxing!

No comments: