Thursday, April 23, 2020

Third Week April Catchup!

April 16th

OMGG these fabric masks may just do me in! Last week was trial period and I cut and sewed 31 up in three days.  Monday and Tuesday I cut out more parts and sewed up 18 masks, all need elastics and casings sewed closed.  Then today I searched for other fabrics, cut more parts and sewed up 21 masks, all need elastics and casings sewed closed too.  So tomorrow is finishing off those 21, wash, dry n package up for soon to be picked up, delivered or mailed off to: Michelle, Carolynn, Nancy n Stefan, Karen, and Natalka, - that's the first half of preorders - pictures to follow.  Onto the remaining ones soon!  Then more for the shop too!




April 18th

Another mask busy day! Dropped of 21 to A1 Nutrition at Grant Park, then a few orders around the city, picked up more elastics (harder to find now) and back home to finish off this large order for my hairdresser (bartered for cut n colour when she's open again) for Saturday drop off.  Next are smaller orders and then back to more for the store. UGH!!!!  I was getting concerned about quilting time, see I had a request for the RCMP quilt for an August wedding, but then I got a text that it's postponed to 2021, sad for the family, but relief for me.  Once this madness for masks slows down then I'll go back to working on it again.


A different day, a rest from mask sewing!  Edna and I went mask elastic shopping with no luck then car lunch at Wok Box and was so nice to be recognized by the owners and welcomed to return again.  Then delivered two mask orders and stopped at A1 Nutrition for Ednas vitamins etc and yeppers yesterday's dropped off masks were almost gone!  SHEESH! 

Now working on hand stuff for masks while watching this special gift from various musicians!  ONE WORLD: TOGETHER AT HOME!!!  Thank you!  💞💞💞

Ohhhh I hated stepping on a forgotten monkey or two with lights low!  Much better and fun use I'd say!



I love this image!


April 19th

I love this!  I dig his car too!


So sad!  Nova Scotia massacre!


April 20th

WOW!!!!  Pandemic song?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10102847237784560&id=10903085

OK one quilt raffle completed and winners not of my tickets sold.  Congratulations!


OK I've run out of steam after two days of searching for fabrics in my stash, pressing and cutting out parts on Sunday to today sewing up the mess only to run out of elastics for the last few.  Some feminine fabrics I used the suggested clear 1/4" elastic but not sure of it's sturdiness.   Might have to make ties for those! Yes today was a massive sewing day (38 just about) but had to stop as I'm wiped out!  😷
16 for special orders completed, one still awaiting for details
3 Red Hats extras (if anyone asks for)
3 extras finished
15 large and 11 medium waiting for pleating, casing and elastics
Tomorrow I'll try finish off what I can and then to the PO to mail off one set and deliver the city ones!




April 21st

Okay I've recently delivered another 23 masks to A1 Nutrition and someone was waiting for me to purchase!!!  Wonder how long those last? I'm out of corded elastics and made up a few with ties but they weren't received as well. So not sure I'll be making too many of them. I'm experimenting other options.  On the way home I picked up my favourite Santa Lucia special pizza and enjoying it with my chardonnay with feet up - relaxing the night!


Thank you Santa Lucia Pizza for being open for pickup!  I totally enjoyed my SLS for supper.

April 22nd

They are moved and phone order ready!

https://mookfabrics.com/

That took some planning etc to this tune that I love!  I've no faith in the honesty of any government officials.  Many mean well but some change their tunes once voted in!

https://g.co/kgs/Qxiz6m
The following is just a screenshot - but at least youve the correct info to search for if the link does not work!


April 23rd

Today was a beautiful day for fresh air and exercise while physical distancing on the Yellow Ribbon Greenway Trail with Edna.  The only thing is many many more thought so too and cyclists were weaving in and out of walkers abiding 6' space and 95% do not have or use bells or horns to warn walkers they are approaching from behind.  I kept looking behind then stepoing back single file to allow safe passing as many were FLYING past - not safe at all with the youngster out too!  We'll be thinking of other areas next time, not worth dealing with inconsiderates.  They want to speed then use the roads, not trails unless casual cycling!  Then we delivered three orders of masks and wearing our own we stopped in for groceries before heading home! And today I've enjoyed my meals at home at decent hours for a change!  YEAH!!!

YOWSERS!!!!  I've just taken time out to relax this evening and decided to count up the various gifts, exchanges and orders of masks I've sewn up since April 11th!  YOWSERS is sure right!  That's a total of 127 and still counting!!!  Shoot I should have gotten one of Edna and I in Sobeyes with our masks on!  Next time!  Thank you all for the masked you images!


Michelle n Wally

Taunya

Barb

Cathy n Owen

Nancy n Stefan

No comments: