Tuesday, April 14, 2020

First Week April Catchup

April 2nd

Just so I NEVER forget..... April 2, 2020 Snow storm.
Gas prices at a record low 58.9
Costco in Winnipeg School cancelled indefinitely.
They may not go back until September.
Physical distancing measures on the rise.
Tape on the floors at grocery stores and others to help distance shoppers 2m (6ft) from each other.
Limited number of people inside stores Non-essential stores and businesses mandated closed.
Parks, trails, entire cities locked up. Entire sports seasons cancelled.
Concerts, tours, festivals, entertainment events - cancelled.
Weddings, family celebrations, holiday gatherings - cancelled.
No masses, churches are closed.
No gatherings of 50 or more, then 20 or more, now 5 or more.
Don't socialize with anyone outside of your home.
Children's outdoor play parks are closed.
Shortage of masks, gowns, gloves for our front-line workers.
Shortage of ventilators for the critically ill. Panic buying sets in and we have no toilet paper, no disinfecting supplies, no paper towel no laundry soap, no hand sanitizer.
Shelves are bare. Manufacturers, distilleries and other businesses switch their lines to help make visors, masks, hand sanitizer and PPE.
Government closes the border to all non-essential travel, calls Canadians home and makes it mandatory to self isolate for 14 days.
Fines are established for breaking the rules. Stadiums and recreation facilities open up for the overflow of Covid-19 patients.
Press conferences daily from Prime Minister Trudeau and Premier Pallister.
Chief Medical Officer gives daily updates on new cases, recoveries, and deaths. Government incentives to stay home.
Barely anyone in the street or on the roads. People wearing masks and gloves outside.
Essential service workers are terrified to go to work.
Medical field workers are afraid to go home to their families. 2,000,000 applications for Employment Insurance as people go without.
This is the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) Pandemic, declared March 11th, 2020.
Why, you ask, did I share this status borrowed from a friend?  One day it will show up in my memory feed, and it will be a yearly reminder that life is precious.  To not take the things we dearly love for granted.  We have so much!  Be thankful.  Be grateful.  Be kind to each other - love one another - support everyone.  We are all one!  ❤️  #teamcanada  🇨🇦  #juststayhome #covid19

OMGG look what has arrived from Stitchers Muse for me!  I can't wait to try these specialty shuttles out!  Plus finally some metallics to continue with my angels!


April 3rd

Yeah first step in Melissa's mystery quilt-a-long sewn up and dug out my nifty tool (bought like YEARS AGO on my Western Retreat jaunts) and lickety split all are separated for pressing!




!!! UPDATE !!!  OK this is what happens when you hear only PART of the information, panic and repeat out of context!  Apparently what I heard was the "WORSE CASE SCENARIO WITHOUT ANY PRECAUTIONS TAKEN" being described - whereas Canada has taken lots of precations so I pray this is shorter lived!!!! Sorry for my repeating without backing etc!  I'll stick to my quilting etc!  😉 

!!! ORIGINAL POST !!!  Well after hearing that this pandemic may extend 18 months to 2 years before it dies just sent me straight to the remote switching to my Jukebox Oldies!!!!!  It also sent me out for a walk to check out my LC, if busy I was going to turn around and resort to ordering that online. I NEED my wine to get through this shit!!!!  So there was like 5 people in line outside social distancing and if 5 minutes later I was inside with ID getting scanned and let inside the store.  Ummmm there was more workers on the floor than the 5 customers and two cashiers with customers and 2 in line in designated spots.  WOW maybe 10 minutes and I was out the door heading to Safeway. OOOPPSIEE, nope no way, their line up was down into the parking lot and didn't seem to be moving.  About face, stopped into shoppers that had maybe a dozen inside picking empty ailses or waiting for one to pass.  Again maybe 15 minutes and I was out the door heading home!  HEY I like this no long lineups - not sure why when I know they can be longerrrrrr!!!!!!!

April 4th

Ohhhh my, now I've a delimma before sewing these sections together!  Just a note that each block is scrappy in sets in the pile.  I'm leaning towards "A" but then being a mystery maybe "B" will work better.  GRRRR!!!!!  This is why I usually stay away from mysteries!  😆😆😆



Just found this on another site and thought might help those making masks?  Sorry about the link.


Had to take garbage out after lunch so went for a walk!  Awesome winter//spring day!  Only saw maybe a dozen or so out for fresh air and exercise - only two times met two people across sidewalk not budging to go single file past, literally taking up 3/4 sidewalk so I stepped off.  Most were very cordial and accommodating.  🤗



Okay I'm feeling happy and exhausted at the same time as I've caught up to Melissa's mystery quilt-a-long steps.  Even squared off the blocks that smidgen uneven!  I think I really like this scrappy look.  Even have another quilt of sort of planned scrappy look landscape stash, just need to find appropriate background 2 metres and that "pop" in my stash too!  Yes after a few other projects I'll get that one going too!



April 5th

Hmmmm!  Wonder if I need this with hobbies vs house cleaning????  YEAH RIGHT!!!!!


Right on!


Finally some time to post today, a 4.4 km walk along the Bishop Grandin Greenway where Edna and I could have gone further but wet spots had us turning around on both ends walked.  We stopped at Walmart and Safeway and both places no lineups and stores fairly quiet - no TP or Lysol items.  Then I treated both of us to frozen borscht from Oakwood Cafe for home enjoyment!  They are now open for home delivery of some items - YEAH for the borscht!!!!



April 7th

Today was mask sewing day!  Here's one of mine!  Nice and snug!


I was dropping off a mask to a girlfriend and picking up more elastic from another girlfriend.  And on the way home saw this HUGE moon risin'!




No comments: