Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Postcard Received!

OMGG I've received such a beautiful card today - front and back too - from Linda K of Alaska for our Mother's Day celebration swap!!! I can tell you that my MOM (my angel in Heaven) would have loved to see and maybe even have this one on her dresser for a time! This is the most priceless postcard I've received in a long time and will be taking it to work to show off too!!! Thank you so very much Linda for the image and presentation you chose!!!

Now I've wondered if it was done free motion overtop an image or if it was a digitized machine embroidery.  I got my answer from her email and I had guessed right, Linda free motioned the image printed.  I don't care how it was done - this is precious to me! Thank you!!!

Now the only down point on this beauty is the fact that just under her chin it got a grey scrub and naturally those pink bars across the right side of the blue and on the trim from the machines. This is happening more lately and I've a half dozen like this and all I can say is I'm glad I send my light coloured or preciously embellished postcards in those clear sleeves to my participants. I know that some don't care for that or some POs charge extra for them so many don't - that is OK, but I'll continue using them for those I want to protect when sending out. Some of mine are basic and I do grudgingly let go "naked" even when my gut tells me to put them in a clear sleeve - LOL (some habits are hard to break). I'm trying to not be so picky, but heck I spend a lot of time and effort and I want them to arrive at their destinations my way!  ;>))) 

No comments: